☼ f i f t y - t h r e e ☼

Idiot: can we hang out?

Mae: I'm busy

Idiot: I know you're not busy, mae. Please

Mae: I could be. Maybe I'm grocery shopping or washing my dog

Idiot: you don't like grocery shopping and you don't have a dog

Mae: you don't know my life

Mae: i could be scaling a mountain right now for all you now

Mae: or sky diving

Idiot: shut up omfg

Idiot: I know you more than you think

Mae: what are you, a stalker now?

Idiot: haha, very funny

Idiot: can we please meet up?

I sighed when I got the text from Levi. I was still mad at him for what he did at the dinner a week ago and I hadn't spoken to him since, even at work. He tried doing little things to get my attention, like spilling coffee or bumping into me every so often, but my cut off skills were insane lately. I sighed heavily this time, running a hand through my hair and adjusting my glasses. Putting what happened the other night to the side, Levi was a wonderful friend. He's helped me when I'm in need, he keeps me company, he's funny and he's easy to talk to. I groaned loudly.

Mae: meet me at the library in 10

----

"Please keep quiet."

"Yes ma'am."

"No yelling, no coughing, no sneezing."

I can't sneeze? What the fuck.

"Yes ma'am."

"No walking loudly, no slamming books, no profanity, no laughing. Capeesh?"

"What the hell kind of library is this?" I asked, grimacing. The old lady narrowed her eyes at me.

"I run a tight business," she grumbles, and I fear that she might hit me with her cane or throw a book at me.

"No shit," I mumbled under my breath. She slammed her hand down on her desk, causing me to jump.

"I will not stand for that attitude, young lady!" She exclaimed, her old brown eyes filled with flames. I looked at her like she was crazy.

"With all due respect, Ms. Jones, if I need to sneeze, I'm gonna sneeze," I told her, shrugging my shoulders. She huffs at me and points towards the door.

"Out," is all she says. I scoff.

"Seriously?" I scoffed again and resisted the urge to scream as I stomped out of the library. I crossed my arms over my chest and scowled at the ground, kicking a few pebbles.

"Hey."

I slowly looked up only to be greeted by the tall, dark figure only known as Levi Daniels.

"I got kicked out of the library for sassing Ms. Jones," I frowned. Levi barked out a laugh.

"You? Sassy? Never," he teased and I shoved him.

"Shut up," I retorted, but I chuckled. Levi shoved his hands into his pockets and rocked back on his heels.

"So..." He hummed, making this awkward. I rolled my eyes.

"So?" I repeated, raising an eyebrow at him. He groaned, tugging on his hair.