☼ t w e l v e ☼

"Baby please don't leave, I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you."

She's heard this a million and one times. She always tries to leave, she always tries to be strong and leave him because in the back of her head, she knows she doesn't actually deserve to be treated like this.

"Baby," he cries, his hands folded together in a pleading way. "Please don't leave."

"Dylan I can't take this anymore," she says softly, tears streaming down her face.

"I'll change! I swear I will this time, I mean it," he begged, now on his knees.

She fiddled with her suitcase handle, weighing her pros and cons. She loved him, she loved him so much. She was a bad girlfriend, she knew she deserved to be beat like she was. But maybe she didn't. Maybe she wasn't actually the one at fault like she thought. She wiped her snotty nose as he stood up, cupping her face in his hands and whipping her tears away with his thumbs. He kissed her face gently as her breath shook.

"Please, I need you, Meredith."

----

As I walked home from work I could admit I was definitely thinking about how nice it would be to have a car. To be surrounded by warmth and maybe some soft music, maybe the low scent of lavender filling the car from an air freshener.

But instead, I'm walking home in the freezing cold with "Brain Stew" by Green Day blasting in my ears, with the smell of dog shit and pollution surrounding me. Granted, the pollution in South Carolina isn't that bad, but downtown Columbia reeks of it.

My new camera dangled around my neck, bouncing with every step I took. I decided I'd keep it since photography always had sparked my interest, so I thought I'd give it a shot. The camera itself was nice, and it took really good pictures. I had snapped a few while on the way to work, mainly of the sky, or some pretty flowers, and a homeless guy who held a cardboard sign that read "Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise".

I stopped at the park, deciding to call Michael.

"Hello?" He answered groggily in a hoarse voice.

"Crap, did I wake you up? I'm so sorry, I forgot about the time difference, go back to-"

"Mae shut up," he chuckled, causing me to smile. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to say hi. I'm on my way home from work," I said, pulling my hair free from its high ponytail.

"How was it?" He asked, sounding even sleepier.

"It was okay. Some old man came in looking for his wife's birthday cake that he had ordered online, but it wasn't anywhere near ready and let me tell you, I have never seen an old man so upset," I grimaced. Michael chuckled again.

"Poor old lad just wanted his cake," he said, causing me to laugh.

"We have the best cakes in town, so I can imagine that," I sighed softly, smiling to myself. What was it about Michael that made me so smiley all the time? "What time is it over there?"

"4 am," he hummed. I blanched.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, face palming.

"Mae," he groaned. "It's fine, really. I don't mind. You can call me whenever you want, you know that."

"I know," I sighed again. "I just feel bad. I missed your voice."

Oh my god did I really just say that out loud?

But Michael only chuckled again. "I missed your voice too. It's been a few days since I've heard it."

My face suddenly heated up and I knew I looked like a freaking tomato sat in the middle of the park. My hands started to get clammy and shaky and I started thinking that if I could just listen to Michael laugh in any type of way for the rest of my life, I totally would. And that's when I knew I was fucked.

Cause God dammit, I liked Michael.

And I liked him a lot.

//////

(a/n)

hey hi hello holy poop nuggets

it's like super late like 2 am and i'm dead tired fuk

gay marriage is now legal in all 50 states!!! woo!!!!!!

i meant to update like 2 days ago but i made the mistake of starting to watch sons of anarchy and now i can't stop watching it ://

fun fact today i sprained my ankle in the middle of fucking target!!!! and then almost passed out cause it hurt so bad (literally i got so dizzy and my vision went white) and now my ankle is v v swollen :-)

anyway here's a chapter for all you lovely people who are actually reading this!!!! we've reached 300+ reads!!! *screams internally*

❤️don't be a silent reader ❤️

(i just want you all to know that i spelled silent as slient cause i was typing so fast)