Chapter 1: The Meeting

Y/N POV

I am bored. I have been for a while. While my brother goes and threatens people, fights wars, and does all sorts of interesting stuff, I am just stuck here, at the base, defending it from all the cows and chickens who could be spy's in disguise. Honestly, no one even knows this base exists, and for as long as I've been here, we have been attacked exactly 0 times. Like, come on. My brother, Dream by the way, is extremely overprotective of me. There is a literally a guard always placed by my bedroom door. I could take any of these guards in a fight, but Dream is like, "It's for your protection. You don't know the target that has been placed on your forehead, just because you're my sister" I always lose that argument, even though I can take care of myself. I adjust my mask, similar to the one worn by my brother, except small as to fit my face better. Like Dream, I am faceless, but if you look under the mask, you would see y/h/c hair with y/e/c eyes. What makes me and Dream look like twins in the general facial shape. He has blonde hair and green eyes, with a bunch of freckles on the bridge of his nose. Only I've seen him without his mask, as well as he is the only one who has seen under mine. It's a small thing to share with my brother, but something nonetheless. Finally, I see Dream, Sapnap, and George in the distance. "Took you long enough", I muttered under my breath.

Dream POV

"I want to see white flags, WHITE FLAGS, by sunset." I said, before leaving, along with George and Sapnap. I swear, L'Manburg is getting on my nerves. George and Sapnap saw my frustration and didn't say anything to me as we rode on our horses back to the SMP. I'm done with this war, and I'm silently fuming while trying to make a plan for battle tomorrow. "Well that went well" Sapnap said tentatively, trying to break the silence after riding in it for who knows how long. "When we get back, I need you to get Ponk, Punz, Alyssa, and Callahan for a meeting." I say, a plan being made in my head as we speak. "What about Y/N?" asks George, already half knowing the answer. "Too dangerous" I answer, pausing to think about Y/N. She is the only thing I care about, more than anything. My only family after our parents died. I treat her like a younger sibling, although we are twins, with me being only 5 minutes older, I have always pulled rank. Finally, we see the base in the distance, along with Y/N, no doubt with an annoyed look on her face. "What are we gonna tell her, Dream?" George said, reading my mind. "Leave it to me" I said. "You just get the others"

Alyssa POV

I was working on my house in the SMP when I get a knock on my door. "Come in", I call, hoping it's not Y/N. You see, me and Y/N have a bit of a love-hate friendship. She loves, and I hate her. Of course, she doesn't know that. I have to be nice to me, to get close to Dream. I've liked him for years, but all he cares about is this war and his stupid sister, which means the best way to get noticed is to be involved with both. Anyway, as I finish the area I was working on, George, Dream's right-hand man, shows up at my door. "Hello George, how are you today" I say, trying to exchange pleasantries. If the best friend likes you, usually, so does he. "Hello Alyssa, I'm doing good, thanks. Dream sent me to let you know that tonight we will be having a meeting about war tactics. Make sure to be there 8 PM sharp." George smiles, looking exhausted from his trip with Dream and Sapnap to L'Manburg. "Same place?" I ask, and he nods. "I'll see you then" he says before leaving. I realize it's 4 o'clock and should get ready soon, first by eating a couple carrots, then by getting dressed in my best armour, shining brightly in the light, polished to a tee. Then, by the time that's all up, I go down to the meeting. At the meeting, I sit between Sapnap and Punz, which is as close to Dream as I can get. Unfortunately, those two are extremely annoying, but since George and Sapnap sit on each side of Dream at every meeting, I have to put up with it. Finally, the meeting starts.

Y/N POV

When my brother comes back, he signals me to follow him. We walk down the long, winding hallways, finally getting to his meeting room. It's for having small meetings with few people, otherwise we would use the dining hall. Dream sighs, and I turn to look at him. I open my mouth to speak, when he cuts me off. "Tomorrow I have to leave again, to finish this war." I open my mouth to speak, but again, he cuts me off. How rude! "It's too dangerous for you to go." I start seeing red at this point. "I'm just as good at fighting as you, if not better! Why do you let George, Sapnap, even Alyssa go out, but not me! I can fight! Just give me a chance!" I fumed. I'm tired of being treated as weak, by my own brother, nonetheless. "It's a no Y/N, end of discussion", he says, as he gets up and leaves, most likely to go to a war meeting. You know, it's not end of discussion. I leave the room, looking as if I'm headed to my room, then silently and quickly enter the ventilation shaft, and follow him without being noticed. I'm the sneakiest on the team, and as a child, I used to hide in the smallest of spaces to pull pranks without ever being caught. Let's hope those skills are still as good as they were then. I see my brother enter the dining hall, and follow him through the vents. I open it just a crack to see through, and see Dream locking the doors. Finally, time for the good part. Dream sighs, looking at every single person at the table. After a few moments of silence, he speaks. "Tomorrow is a big day. In the evening, with the darkness as coverage, we will be going into battle against L'Manburg, and taking it back." he commands. Everyone shifts awkwardly. "Uhhh... What's the plan?" George asks timidly. He's not really the one to confront, or speak up, more helping along the sides quietly. "And what's in it for us?" Punz adds with a smirk, earning a glare from Dream. "What's in it for you is that you'll all get a bit of the land and resources we acquire from L''Manburg. Now listen, here's the plan. We need everyone with the best enchanted netherite armour and weapons. Ponk, Punz, that's your job." Dream orders, full commander mode. "We will get on that right away." Ponk says with a nod. "Good. We need our soldiers prepared, so George and Sapnap, you'll be in charge of training, and making sure all soldiers are ready." Dream says. Now why he couldn't let me do that, I can't say, but I could beat them in a fight, any day. "I'll make sure they're ready. George, on the other hand..." Sapnap jokes, trailing off. "Hey!" George yells, and everyone laughs at the twos antics. "Callahan, you need to guard the base while we are doing all of this." Dream says, still full planning mode. Callahan nods, and I see Alyssa looking almost disappointed with not getting a job. I wonder why, as she hates the jobs anyway. "And what about me?" Alyssa asks quietly. "Oh yeah, Alyssa, you can be in charge of hunting and gathering food for the battle. Any objections?" Dream asks, looking around the room. Everyone is silent for a moment. "I have one." 

...

Thanks for reading this mess of a first chapter! I hope you all enjoyed it and come back for the next chapter. Make sure you are drinking lots of water and make sure to eat. You are all cared for here <3

1397 words :)