Chapter 16: X isn't here

Y/N POV

Eret was surprisingly easy to talk to. He was kind, and a good listener. And understood me. "Yeah, I don't like getting close to people that much. Like, I could be a traitor and then just betray everyone, and then everyone who considered me a friend would get hurt, like who would do such a horrible thing?" Eret asked, and I nodded. "Exactly" I agreed. He smiled. "I'm curious, do you ever regret leaving Dream, and the rest of the SMP?" I laugh. "I thought I would, but once I got over them betraying me, I realized that I've been happier here than I've but ever been over there" I state with a shrug. Eret looks unconvinced, but leaves the topic for now. "Do you think the buddy system will ever be done? Like, Tommy and Tubbo can be sooooo clingy" Eret says, and I laugh. "Hopefully we find the traitor soon, so Dream has less of an advantage and L'Manburg can have freedom" I snicker, and Eret eventually joins in. "Yeah..." he says. Suddenly, Thunder runs up to us. "Wilbur... Tommy... Tubbo..." he says, looking at me, and my heart sinks into my stomach. We all run to the gate, where we all gasped, the sight unbelievable. 

Eret POV

I got a call from George last night, and for the record, he is a very, very, very bad listener. The phone rings, after days of me trying to contact them, but not being able to due to either the buddy system Wilbur set up, or because they NEVER PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE!!!! For example, here is how the conversation went with George. 

"Hey George, I need to tell you something, the girl-"

"Yes, we need to deal with her. I need you to keep her away from Wilbur while we try to kidnap him"

"Ok, but about her, she is actually-"

"Thanks for your cooperation, Eret! Talk to you soon!" 

"But-" 

**call ended**

I sigh. Dream may be smart, but his friends aren't as smart. Well, I guess Dream isn't too smart, as if he answered the phone once in a while, he'd know his worst enemy was his own sister all along. Actually, if he were smart, he would've figured it out in the first place. I guess I can't be too picky. Money is money, and power is power, and as long as I get those as promised, I'm happy. When I saw a smile etched into my window frame, I knew today was the day. So that's how I ended up here. Talking to Y/N, keeping her away from Wilbur so the Dream Team can do their thing. And it was going perfectly well, with me even realizing we have stuff in common, and dropping hints on me being the traitor, which she wouldn't suspect. Or maybe she would, I just like living life on the edge! Anyway, everything was perfect, until Jack ran towards us. "Wilbur... Tommy... Tubbo..." he says, looking at Y/N, and I swear internally. I look over at Y/N, who looks worried. We all run to the gate, where they gasped (I did too to make it look convincing that I am not the traitor). To them, the sight was unbelievable. To me, I knew this would happen, so I'm not as shocked, but still. I didn't expect it to turn out this way. 

Wilbur POV (T.W. Murder of Sophia)

I followed Tubbo and Tommy to wherever they were taking me. They hadn't said a word since telling me to follow them. Just leading me out of L'Manburg into a forest. "Where are we going" I ask, to which Tommy glares. "Just trust us!" he says, as we go into a clearing with a single tree, that has a girl tied up to it. "Her name is Sophia. We found her in L'Manburg. She's the one who originally kidnapped Y/N with Alyssa. She was aiming a crossbow towards Y/N's room, where she was sleeping, when we caught her." Tubbo said angrily, and I turned to glare at the girl. "Who sent you?" I say sternly, with no reply. "Who sent you?" I yell, startling all 3 of the others, considering I don't yell that often. "Alyssa." Sophia mutters, and I begin to fume. "Why?" I ask. "I don't know." she replies, and I glare. "Take her to the prison, please. We don't want her contacting Alyssa, or Dream." I order, and Tommy and Tubbo nod. They begin to escort her back, me helping, and we call Jack, so can take her into the prison and get some guards to make sure she doesn't escape. But when we get to the border L'Manburg, an arrow flies and almost hits Tubbo in the face. That's when an axe is put to my neck, as well as Tommy and Tubbo's. "Hey Dream! I knew you'd save me!" Sophia smiles innocently. Dream nods at George, who promptly stabs Sophia in the stomach with his sword, making her fall to the ground. "I wouldn't save you even if the world depended on it after what you did." Dream snarled, before turning to look at us. "You should've gotten into L'Manburg quicker" Dream mocked.  I glared, but also saw Jack running off. Wait... Oh I remember, he was supposed to meet us here, he's probably getting some help. Which means I need to stall. "What are you doing here?" I ask, which causes Dream, Sapnap, and George to all laugh. "What does it look like, idiot?" Sapnap says. "Your friend X isn't here to protect you. If there are people on the other side, there's no war." Dream shrugs. "X?" I ask confused. "The girl with the mask" Georges states. "Ohhhhhhh" me, Tommy, and Tubbo exclaim in unison. "Well, whatcha gonna do without your girlfriend, huh?" Sapnap taunts. "Let's go." Dream exclaims, when suddenly, we here a voice. And not just any voice. Her voice. "Where are you going? The fight's right here!" 

A/N: The next chapter is so :(((((((((((. But hey, at least Sophia's gone! She was a jerk. I hated every part of writing her, because I based her and Alyssa's personalities on the worst people in my life. Anyway, if you have any suggestions/things you want in the story, comment, and I'll try to incorporate it into the story. Stay safe, drink lots of water, eat, and remember we care about you <3. Can't wait to see you in the next chapter!

Word Count: 1077 words! :)