Chapter 13: Traitor Among Us

Wilbur POV

 "Don't you remember Wilbur? We are enemies." she said. I recognized that voice. Tubbo and Tommy looked at me, and I looked at them. Then, we all looked at her. "Y/N?" I ask cautiously, not wanting to get my hopes up. "No, it's Vikkstar" she says sarcastically, which causes me and Tubbo to run to hug her. Tommy huffs and rolls his eyes, and we all look at him. "Hey, I missed her, but I ain't hugging a woman" he said, and we all laughed. I looked at Y/N again, who seemed happy walking to everyone, greeting each person happily (except Thunder, who got brutally ignored). Then she turned to me, which instantly made me smile wider. Everyone seemed to stare as she walked closer to me. "You came back" I said, raising my eyebrows. "Yeah, tell you about it later, but right now, more important stuff to deal with. Dream, he told me everything before I left for the mission, he always did, as I helped him make sure his plans were flawless, and because I was his sister. But now, I want to help you win." she stated. I nod silently, and she continued. "Dream told me about this bomb plan, he had it ready for weeks as a last minute plan. He's not threatening just one bomb. There are a bunch more that were planted underground, so that one piece of TNT will trigger a hundred more, and destroy all of L'Manburg." she said, facing me. Everyone stared silently, shocked at this revelation. "How do we know we can believe you?" Thunder said, earning a glare from everyone. "Follow me." she says, before leaving the van. Everyone looks at me, and I smirk and shrug. "Let's go" I say, before leaving, everyone else following behind. 

Y/N POV

I feel nervous, with Wilbur and the others following behind me. All these what-ifs in my head, what if they betray me, what if they don't trust me, what if they all hate me... plus a few more that centre around Wilbur. As I arrive to the seemingly lone piece of TNT, I look to see if the others are watching. They are all staring at the TNT, except Wilbur, whom I catch staring at me, before he looks away embarrassed. I laugh, before I start digging under the TNT, to reveal another under it. The next spot under as one too, and as I move to the side to let them see, they all gasp to themselves. "Is it..." Niki says when I nod. "All under here is TNT. But that's not the worst part. Someone put it here. I don't know who, but I remember Dream telling me he has a man on the inside... I believe there is a traitor among us." I say, looking each of them in the eye. "No one leaves, everyone has to have someone with them at all times, we don't want anything getting out. Now let's remove all the TNT, except the one above ground Dream placed.  Now everyone, buddy up and let's get started." he ordered, and everyone started to buddy up. I looked around, and started to do a section of the TNT alone, when Wilbur came up to me with a smile. "Need a partner?" he asked, and we started to work together. "What made you come back here?" he asked, struggling to remove a certain piece of TNT. "I went back, but Dream, he was with Alyssa, laughing. He saw what happened, yet was still hanging out with her. I thought... never mind. I was stupid." I said, not looking up. "Oh, I'm so sorry, Y/N. You are welcome to say here as long as you'd like." he said, smiling at me warmly. "Thanks" I said gratefully. We kept working, late into the night, with the tiredness getting us talking about our life, our struggles, and our problems. "This war has taken its toll on everyone, but all these decisions, all these problems, and threats, it's hard. And I have to stay strong, for the country, but the nightmares..." he mutters, and I nod. "They stay. When I was a child, and this all first started, before my brother became so protective, there was a bomb... I can still hear it... I get it, Wilbur" I sympathize. We connected over this talk, about having to stay strong for our family, about how being major people in the war affected our lives, and the depression it brings. "Sometimes, I wish I could just bomb it all, run away... It would end so much pain." he says wistfully. We both look over at Niki and Eret, who are happily laughing and talking about Niki's bakery. "Look at them, having a happy conversation, why can't we be happy like that?" he asked, looking right at me. "We can, it just takes work, and the right moment, I think." I say. "I was happy that night" he says, and I don't have to ask what night he meant. "Were you happy?" he asked, and I felt it was a genuine question. "I was, for the first time in a while" I said, smiling to myself. Wilbur could somehow tell, and smiled back. We stared at each other, until we each noticed what we were doing and looked away. He laughed, "Don't look away!" he shouted which made me laugh too, and caused the rest of the others to look at us weirdly, and start laughing at how awkward we were. I looked around and smiled, L'Manburg truly feels like a home. Hours later, we finally finished removing the TNT, and was ready for when Dream arrived. Wilbur brought me to a room right near his, and as I laid in my warm, fluffy, bed, I think about how I felt back when I lived in the SMP, and realized, it never felt nearly as good as this. Until the next morning, when my stomach plummeted as I heard shouting outside my room. 

A/N short little filler chapter to set some thing up and bide time to get ready for the next chapter, I wonder whats gonna happen! Secondly, I'm sorry I haven't written much, you know the way I can be (reference!!!). Anyway, if you have any suggestions/things you want in the story, comment, and I'll try to incorporate it into the story. Stay safe, drink lots of water, eat, and remember we care about you <3. Can't wait to see you in the next chapter!

Word Count: 1089 words.