Chapter 9: Why Do I Care?

Y/N POV

Wilbur and some soldiers come into my room and begin searching the place, and I was put in a different cell while they search the room. Thank goodness, I wasn't supposed to sit in the room alone. Tubbo was there guarding me. Out of all the L'Manburg soldiers, I felt closest to Tubbo, despite only knowing him for a few days. He was nice, despite being on L'Manburg's side. We sat in the room just chatting about random stuff, each of us realizing we have more in common than we thought. For one, we both love bees! Another, is how we both love nature, and both have one specific spot we like to go when anxious and stressed. I told him about my favourite flower field, and he told me about his. We continued laughing and chatting until four soldiers came to take me back to my cell. I waved bye to Tubbo sadly as I had to go. Now it's time to see what they found, and talk to Mr. Soot. "So, Y/N, my soldiers didn't find anything, which is surprising." Wilbur said, raising his eyebrow at me. I smirked under my mask. "What can I say?" I shrugged. "Was there something you were expecting to find?" I asked, almost gloating that he didn't find it. "Wow, you are snarky" he said, shaking his head with a chuckle. "Is that a bad thing?" I reply, with annoyance. He can't judge me for my snark when he is holding me hostage in a prison! Instead of reacting, I try to get some answers. "Has my brother made contact with you yet?" I ask in a bored tone. "What makes you think he'll do that?" Wilbur asks intrigued. "Well, my twin brother is much more merciful than me, as well as patient, so what I assumed happened is he sent you a letter, warning you to return me to the SMP by a certain time and date, giving you a chance before you are utterly destroyed. He probably sent you the letter in a very dramatic way, maybe with a bomb, with a bunch of members of his team, making his threat verbally as well." I say, looking at Wilbur and the guards at the door for confirmation. The guards looked shocked, and even a bit scared, while Wilbur looked impressed. "You know your brother well" he says. "I've only lived with him for my whole life. A whole 21 years, you know how hard that was?" I asked jokingly. He laughed. "You're 21?" he asked, still laughing. "Yeah. You?" I ask, enjoying this conversation. "24" he replied. (A/N: going by their ages in 2020, because that when the Dream SMP started). "Cool, that's why you're balding" I say, stifling another laugh.  However, his laugh made me burst out laughing, and we continued laughing until a voice called him from outside the prison. He looked at me, trying to look dignified, and failed miserably. "Another time?" he asked, eyes alight. "Don't count on it" I say in a serious voice, and he looks at me curiously. "You're so good at sarcasm, so it's hard to tell when you're joking!" he calls as he leaves, which makes me smirk under my mask. I guess Wilbur Soot isn't that bad, either.

1 week in the prison being held hostage: No word from anyone back in the SMP. I guess they trust me more in the prison, because for some reason, they lessened the security where I am. Which means it'll be easier to escape. My key is in the same spot it has been, and I'm already plotting and thinking of ideas. Every day both Wilbur and Tubbo come visit, and to be honest, I like the conversations with them that I have. One time, Tubbo brought Tommy, and we both made fun of him the whole time, which made him mad, which was very funny. 

I got used to them visiting every day, with stories, and chats, and just human interaction. Until one day, Wilbur didn't come. And the next. It made me strangely disappointed, but I tried not to let it show. Why did him not coming affect me this way?! Prison must be getting to my head. The next day, when Tubbo made his daily visit, I turned the topic to Wilbur. "Hey Tubbo, do you know where Wilbur is?" I ask, kinda hoping for some sort of response. Tubbo all of a sudden became tight-lipped. "Oh, ummm... I don't know. Sorry Y/N." he said nervously, eyes flickering across the room.  "What aren't you telling me, Tubs?" I ask, using the nickname I gave him. He looked at me sympathetically. "Sorry Y/N, I was specifically told not to tell you. If I could, I would" he said sadly. I thank him, and after having a bit more of a chat, he left, and I'm stuck with the questions circling my head like a tornado. Who wouldn't want me to know why Wilbur hasn't visited, what is the reason, where has he been, when will he come back, and WHY DO I CARE! Ugh, I've never felt this way before. I have to leave this place. As soon as possible. I wait until after they serve dinner and light's go out for the night before I start to get ready for my escape. I have my little belongings that I pickpocketed from the prison guards when they weren't looking, and can grab the other stuff on the way if I have to. I put all of this in a small leather bag I pick-pocketed. All I have to do is leave. I put the bag over my shoulder, and go to the mouse hole to grab the key when I heard a door open. I quickly get up and hide the bag under my bed, and I'm left standing awkwardly when Wilbur Soot enters the room, smiling broadly. He is smiling until he looks at how I'm awkwardly standing there trying to look innocent, like I wasn't trying to escape two seconds earlier. His smile wavers, and he gives me a strange look. "Y/N, what are you doing?"

A/N: Sorry if this chapter isn't quite as well written as the others, I've been swamped with high school homework and classes, and haven't been sleeping well because of some other unrelated personal issues. Anyway, if you have any suggestions/things you want in the story, comment, and I'll try to incorporate it into the story. Stay safe, drink lots of water, eat, and remember we care about you <3. Can't wait to see you in the next chapter! 

Word Count: 1108 Words!