Chapter 22: I Like Cheese :)

Y/N POV

Fuck. Dream knows, now what. That's leverage I never wanted him to have. Or Sapnap, but more Dream. But is it bad, that a part of me is happy? I'm not gonna lie, part of me misses my peaceful bliss, when I lived in the SMP, when I hung out with my brother, when my greatest worry was trying to get a mission, and what I'd do with Alyssa that day. Now, it's all about survival. As I walk into the SMP, Tubbo and Tommy come running up to me, engulfing me in a hug. "You made it!" Tubbo cheered. "HELL YEAH! TAKE THAT GREEN BITCH" Tommy yelled and I laughed. "Yeah... are you two alright?" I ask tiredly, and they nod. That's when a member of L'Manburg came out, awakened from the noise. A person who made my heart skip a beat. "Tommy. Tubbo... Y/N?" Wilbur asks, as tears prick my eyes. "Wilbur" I smile as I run and hug him, all my feelings showing in it. "I heard... explosions? Yelling?" he asks." No explosions, just arrows hitting things, but I'll tell you later" I wink, and Wilbur seems to relax slightly. "I missed you" he said, which caused Tommy to make a gagging sound. "Deffo flirting" Tubbo says, which causes me and Wilbur to glare at them. Before I could yell at them the other members came out, and started cheering and saying hi, and lots, and lots, of hugs. All of this gave me a migraine, so while Tommy and Tubbo were explaining how they "saved me" (which they didn't, I saved them after they failed), I sneaked inside to my room. The inside of it was unchanged, except for a thin layer of dust on everything. I took off my mask, and sat on the bed. Overwhelming thoughts filled my head, and before I could digest them all, I hear a knock on my door. I put on my mask quickly and open it, to see Wilbur on the other end. "Oh, it's just you" I sigh in relief, then flop back onto the bed. Wilbur walks in and closes the door. "Just me? Ouch," he says mockingly, and I laugh. "Not what I meant, Wil" I say, and he shakes his head. "So... Tommy's telling the amazing story of how he saved you and Tubbo from certain death." Wilbur smirks. "I'm sure you connected the dots" I reply, rolling my eyes, and Wilbur laughs. "I believe so." he says. "Anyway, I wanted to ask you... something" Wilbur says nervously, rubbing the back of his head. "Oh?" I ask, confused. What could he possibly want to ask me? Especially now? And why is he so nervous? "I was wondering... would you... um... like to come sit on our hill? Look at the stars? Just like old times?" he asks. I think back to the first time we sat on that hill, one of the most important, if not the most important, moment of my life. It was a time when life was either hate Wilbur or hate Dream, not feel complicated about both. Meanwhile, Wilbur started rambling. "Imeandontfeelpressurediwasjustwonderigbutitsfine-" he started, before I interrupted. "Come on!" I smile before dragging him out the door. "Race ya!" I yell before we both start sprinting top speed.

Wilbur POV

"I was wondering... would you... um... like to come sit on our hill? I have something to tell you, and we could... um... look at the stars? Just like old times?" I ask, while cringing internally at myself. Like wow, I bet if this was turned into a fanfic, even the readers would cringe at my awkwardness. And most of them would be used to it, and still cringe. Even the author would cringe. Anyway, the nervousness and awkwardness cause me to start rambling, with usually digs me into a deeper hole. Thankfully, Y/N was (I think/desperately hope) was zoned out thinking and didn't hear (most) of what I was rambling about. "Imeaniwasjustwonderingyoudonthavetoreallyitwasastupidthingtoask ijustthoughwehaventtalkedinawhilesoimeandontfeelpressurediwasjustwonderigbutitsfine-" I spoke, practically speed running the whole sentence. Before I could say more, Y/N interrupted. "Race ya!" she yelled, grinning as she started to sprint towards the hill, me following close behind. God, she was cute. My plan to confess my feelings would be harder than I thought.

Y/N POV

"I win!" I shout, as I reach the hill, with Wilbur close behind, out of breath. "It was a tie!" he protested, and I laughed. "Maybe in your dreams" I joke, and we sit down on the hill in silence, staring at the stars. Aries, the big dipper, the north star, all visible on this perfectly clear night. As well as Wil, whom, sitting beside me, was hard not to stare at, with his curly brown hair, dimples... could you blame me? I mean, you wouldn't be here if you didn't agree. "Um, Y/N?" Wilbur asks, breaking me from my thoughts. "Yeah Wilbur?" I respond, turning to face him. "I... I'm glad you made it back" he smiled. "Awwwwww, thanks Wil!" I say, smiling back. "Oh, by the way, you said you had something to tell me?" I ask, hoping he tells me what I've been hoping he tells me since before I left. "Ummmm... I wanted to tell you... umm... I like... cheese?" he says, phrasing it almost as a question. My heart sinks. "You like... cheese?" I ask, confused and a bid sad. With the first half, I thought he... he would... never mind. It's obvious we don't see each other the same way, so I should stop trying. "Yeah... cheese is awesome... I think I'm going to go back to my room. Tired, you know?" I say, hiding my sadness with a fake smile before putting my mask back on. "Oh? Here, let me walk you back." he says, smiling kindly. "Hey, it's fine, you stay here, keep stargazing without me." I reply, starting to walk away. "Bye" he called back, staring at me with a look that somehow combined worry and confusion. Not that it mattered anymore. I have my answer. Wilbur obviously doesn't like me the same way, it's time to move on. 

A/N: Hey y'all, sorry for not posting for a while. School has been swamping me with homework. Also, thank you all so much for reading this story. We are at almost 500 reads, which is so surreal for me. I never expected anyone to read this little story of mine, so thank you all so much :). Anyway, if you have any suggestions/things you want in the story, comment, and I'll try to incorporate it into the story. Stay safe, drink lots of water, eat, and remember we care about you <3. Thank you so much for reading, and I can't wait to see you in the next chapter!

Word Count: 1132 words! :)