Chapter 4: The Mission

A/N In this chapter there will be an OC, named Sophia, so don't worry about not knowing who the character is. Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

Dream POV

       I wait patiently outside for Y/N and Alyssa to come before leaving for the mission. Alyssa's getting supplies and stuff ready at her base, while Y/N is getting her iron armour on, and grabbing some extra food just in case. She was so excited yesterday, that as soon as Alyssa left, she took off her mask and cheered super loudly. I just hope nothing happens on this mission. The paranoid side of me hasn't left since last night. L'Manburg has been surprisingly quiet lately, and that alone has made me not want to let Y/N go on the mission. "It'll be okay" I think to myself. I decide to go inside and check on Alyssa and my sister. First to Alyssa's room, I'm about to knock on the door when I hear her on the phone with someone. "I need you to do it exactly as I told you, Sophia, it is extremely important that this goes exactly as planned." I hear Alyssa say through the door. "Where? Ok." This is when I decide to knock on the door, otherwise I'd look like a complete weirdo. "One sec, someone's knocking". The door opens to show Alyssa in her enchanted netherite armour. Her eyes widen. "I'll call you back Sophia, bye!" she quickly says to the phone before hanging up. "Hey Dream, what are you doing here?" Alyssa asks with a big smile. I clear my throat. "I was just checking to see if you were ready" I replied. "Oh, I was just headed out there, would you like to walk there together?" she asked with a weird look on her face. "Sure" I reply, too busy thinking to care. The walk outside was mostly silent, with Alyssa trying to make some small talk, and me either giving dry responses or just ignoring her. When we get out to the front, I see Y/N wearing her best mask (very similar to mine, I got it for her myself), diamond armour, and a diamond sword. "Dream!" she cheered, making me smile under my mask. "Hey Y/N, good luck on your quest today! Before you go, I have something for you, just to keep you safe." I say. Then, I take out a special enchanted netherite sword, which shocks both Alyssa and Y/N. "Its sharpness 5, unbreaking 3, and knockback 2. I grinded for this yesterday evening". This shocked them both even more, and after a minute of silent shock, Y/N hugged me tight. "Thanks... brother" Y/N says. Alyssa says nothing, but looks at me and her with a weird look in her eyes. "You better be going. Good luck, and stay safe!" I call to them. They wave and start walking towards the woods. George and Sapnap appear behind me. "How are you feeling?" George asks. "I don't know... something seems off to me..." I say, with a weird feeling in my gut. "Oh, it's probably just your nerves, and your overprotective brotherness getting in the way. She'll be safe, and plus, Alyssa is there!" Sapnap says with a reassuring smile. "You know, it won't hurt to follow them, just in case they need back-up" I say, already starting to walk. George and Sapnap shake their head as I sneakily start to follow them, far enough to now be seen, but close enough to hear them and be ready to help if needed. 

Y/N POV

       "Then he said, "At least I know where I was born!" Alyssa says with a laugh. I begin to laugh, as we are picking berries in the middle of the woods, while telling the funniest stories to each other. As we continue to talk, I suddenly hear a twig snap. Could someone be... no, it can't be. But still... "Hey Alyssa, did you hear that?" I ask, my hand on the hilt of my sword. "What do you mean? I haven't heard anything!" Alyssa says, looking skittish. She has been anxious for this whole trip, to be honest. How odd... "I'm going to scope around the perimeter." I say, starting to walk over to some of the thicker bushes and trees. "NO!" Alyssa yells. I look over at her quizzically. "If you get hurt, even a scratch, Dream would kill me. I do not want to suffer Dream's wrath." she says with a nervous chuckle. "Let me go check." I sigh, then nod. Although it's probably nothing, if anything happened on this trip, I know Dream would never let me out again. After 5-ish minutes, Alyssa returns. "Just a bunny, are you hungry?" she asks. "Sure, let's take a break and eat some of these berries." I say, smiling under my mask. "I was thinking more like cake... I brought some, so we could have a picnic!" Alyssa says. Of course, I wouldn't deny a cake picnic with my best friend. "Lets dig in!" I say happily. We start to eat, (I shove the food under my mask to eat, if you're wondering) and talk, and it's not until I'm done half my slice of cake that I realize Alyssa hasn't touched hers. "Hey, you okay?" I ask, concerned. "Yeah, how about you?" asks Alyssa, staring at me intently. I yawn. "Just feeling a bit tired... very tired, actually." I say. I start to get dizzy, very quickly. Then I realize... Alyssa didn't eat her cake. "Alyssa... what was... in... this... cake..." I say, fighting to stay alert. She didn't respond, instead looking in the distance... to see a person emerge from the shadows. "Sophia, take her away, don't care where." I am shocked, and start to draw my sword, and swing it at Alyssa, which causes her to yelp in pain. She wrestles the sword out of my hand, and punches me in the gut. "Fuck... you..." I say with hatred, never shown before. "Goodbye Y/N", Alyssa says, turning to walk away. I then see Dream in the distance, as I'm slowly passing out. "Dream..." I call weakly. "Not even he can save you now. You've got attention from him for too long, and now? Now he will be mine" Alyssa says wickedly with jealously. That's the last I hear before start to get dragged away by 'Sophia', and I pass out. 

A/N: Totally sorry for that cliffhanger, folks 😈. This is where it will start to get interesting, and in the next chapter, Wilbur comes into play!!! Exciting, right? The character we've all been waiting for. And isn't Alyssa in this story such a back-stabbing person. I had to make her evil for this story, I'm sorry. I hope you like the story so far, and I'm hoping to write more, but high schools a pain in the butt. Anyway, stay safe, eat, drink water, and remember, there are people who care about you here. At least I know I do :). Remember to vote/comment, and see you in the next chapter!!!!!!

1174 words.