𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 - ♪ 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒐𝒘𝒏, 𝒌𝒊𝒅 ♪

(𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒇𝒕)
04.13.13

𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘸𝘯, 𝘬𝘪𝘥.
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯.

𝘪 𝘨𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥,
𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴

𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥
𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥
𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦

𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦

⋆ ୨ ♡ ୧ ⋆

THE STRAND WAS nothing special. it was simply nothing more than a quiet, little bookshop tied to a café. it was a local shop, run by the abrasive agnes campbell. or at least, that's the way she seemed. to her employees, however, she was a sweet old woman who cared greatly for literature and for nature, striving to keep her few frequent customers happy in any way that she can.

leah gray was just about to finish up her shift when agnes came out of her office in a beige colored trenchcoat and a purple umbrella, saying her goodbyes to leah as she walked outside. her husband, hazel, was there to pick her up as he did most days. in his hand held flowers that he brought her each time he did, morning or night. vibrant daisies hugged by purple petunias, which usually resided in ceramic vases on the café registers for the customers to enjoy. hazel had never been one for conversation, however. leah loved speaking to agnes, entertaining her in any way she could. and as she did so, agnes responded with the same energy each time, satisfying her employee. but hazel? leah didn't know how to speak to him. whenever she tried, telling him the basic go-to's like "hello," "how are you?" or "it's nice out today, huh?", he would simply stutter different words, trying to reply, but scrambling out of the strand nervously before he got the chance to do so. this gave her goosebumps, and not the good kind. as much as she loved to keep up the positive, "can-do" attitude at work, she gave up trying to talk to him. something about the man reminded her of something, possibly an old memory that is now long gone, and the idea of not knowing where she thinks she may know him from slowly drives her crazy. so instead, she ignores it, and tries to forget it. but every shift, he's there again. a constant reminder of the things she can't remember.

leah gray locked the door to the shop as she walked out. the closing shift was her favorite, it was 6pm, which was different from the normal closing time at 10pm. it was a sunday, and so they closed earlier than normal, and considering the time, the sun was just about to set. leah enjoyed walking home during sunset, as it was her favorite time of day and she thought it was so beautiful. the orange and pink colors dancing down the street, the weather consisting of a warm breeze on the nice, mid-april day.