𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼 - 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟔 - ♪ 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 ♪
(𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒇𝒕)
04.16.13

𝘪 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨.
𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘪'𝘮 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨.

𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘭
𝘴𝘰 𝘪 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘢𝘭
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪'𝘮 𝘮𝘢𝘥
𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵

𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥.
𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶.
𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘮 𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯.

⋆ ୨ ♡ ୧ ⋆

"SO, YEAH," LEAH started. "that's pretty much all of it."

derek was at a loss for words. "wow, i'm so sorry." leah could tell he was sincere. he reached his hand out and put it on hers, which rested on her knee. "you're really strong, you know that?"

leah looked at him and smiled. "duh." derek laughed. "i used to tell myself i'd never reest until they found the people that killed my parents. but after a few months the case was closed, they never found them." derek was going to add on, but before he could. "it's okay, derek, there's nothing that could be done now, the case was opened almost 10 years ago now that it would be almost impossible to even look into, there's nothing you could do if you wanted to." he looked down sadly, curiosity seeping into his brain as he wondered how she knew exactly what he was going to say and ask.

"hey," leah grabbed onto his shoulder, causing him to look up at her once more. "it's okay. i'm okay." he nodded at her, pulling her into a hug. she had only just met this man a few days ago, yet here she is, crashing at his place and telling him something she had never really told anyone else before, besides the police and her now deceased best friend.

"alright, where's your bathroom?"

derek pointed to a door across the room, and leah grabbed her backpack of stuff and stood up, walking towards it. she got changed into her old pajamas, a pair of gray, plaid pants with an oversized dark blue graphic tee that read "YALE" in white letters. regardless of this being her school, the shirt was shayne's; one she took from his drawers as she packed her overnight bag. he had bought it for himself as well as decorated the guest room of his house with multiple balloons and stuffed animals wearing little yale t-shirts to celebrate her accomplishment of accepting admission to the school. she thought about him as she brushed her teeth, and as she finished, she looked in the mirror, staring at herself.