𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿 - 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟗 - ♪ 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒆 ♪
(𝒃𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒚𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒐𝒓𝒚)
08.02.13

𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺?
𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮 𝘴𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺
𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘬

𝘴𝘰 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺,
𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺
𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦

𝘴𝘰 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺,𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦

⋆ ୨ ♡ ୧ ⋆

MOST OF THE attendees were already at the reception when the agents and their guests arrived. of course, this was fine-they weren't late or anything. it was 7:27pm now, and it was only cocktail hour. they had a half an hour before the actual party began. leah planned in her head that she would find an empty spot to sit with spencer, maybe even outside. but before she could try to steal him away, emily and garcia took her to the bar.

leah protested, but turned to see spencer was talking to derek. she knew they'd meet back up for when the actual party begins.

"sooo," garcia said in a sing-song voice. "someone's got a date with a doctor." leah looked down, shaking her head and laughing. "oh yeah," emily chimed in, teasingly. "leah confirmed it for me, it is in fact a real date."

"well, duh, emily," garcia replied in an obvious tone. "no once can deny the chemistry between them." "okay," leah smiled. "drop it, please. it's just one date."

"which will leah to another, which lead to ano-"

"penelope garcia, do not finish that sentence or i'll hit you. i refuse to hear it again."

leah felt a tap on her shoulder after threatening garcia, and turned around to be met with a familiar face.

"jj!" leah said happily, standing up quickly from her seat at the bar and hugging her. "congratulations! god, you look so beautiful!"

"thank you, leah!" jj replied. her and jj had gotten really close during july. jj invited her over for the fourth of july and they spent the time drinking and bonding, and by the end of the night could call each other best friends. "you look amazing as well! i'm so sorry about not being able to get you a hotel room, i was supposed to tell you but it had totally slipped my mind until garcia texted me that you were sharing with emily."

"it's seriously no problem, jayge. all i care about is spending your night with you. did i mention how beautiful you looked?"

"you might have," jj laughed, then hugged emily and garcia. it was a few minutes until spencer, derek, hotch, morgan, and their dates came over and joined in on the conversation. they all congratulated jj on her marriage, and then spencer walked over to leah.

"hey," he smiled.

"hi," she smiled back. "we just have got to stop meeting like this." he laughed. "i couldn't agree more. also, sorry about earlier, if that was weird. morgan tricked me into telling him we were going on a date and he threatened to tease me all night if i didn't do that stupid 'romantic gesture.'"

"sounds like morgan to me," she sighed. "but no worries. you just held my hand, it's no big deal. it was adorable."

of course, the two were too focused on each other to notice that all of the surrounding people were now focused on them as well. "wait," jj started, shocked. "you guys are on a date? like a...date?"

both of them looked over to her, finally realizing every set of eyes were now on them.

"oh yeah," garcia started. "surprise!" no one responded to that with words. emily and morgan just laughed as hotch, rossi and jj kept staring at the two, wide-eyed.

"do i need to talk to you both about your...relationship?" hotch asked. "what?" leah blushed. "n-no, hotch! it's literally one date, there's no relationship."

"are you sure?"

leah picked her hand up to her heart and crossed it with her index finger.

"just don't let...this-get in the way of work."

"that won't happen, sir," spencer assured him. "good, i don't imagine it would." leah smiled at hotch, hotch quickly returning the favor. he didn't smile much at work, but outside of it, he was a softie. leah watched as him and david rossi walked away with haley and rossi's date.

"okay, tell me everything!" jj grabbed leah's hands excitedly. "not now, jj!" leah laughed at her excitement. "it's your wedding day! there are more important things than me and spencer's date."

"well, obviously! we have to start planning yours!"

leah looked to spencer, mouthing a "help me" to him. he laughed at her, and just then, will called jj over to him, indicating that the actual party would be starting in just a few moments. "i have to go," jj looked at leah. "but this is far from over."

"yeah, sadly, i know," leah responded as jj walked away. the big doors to the next room opened, revealing a beautiful ballroom. there were a bunch of tables and chairs that surrounded a big dance floor in the middle, above which hung a beautiful crystal chandelier. the room was lit up by purple and blue party lights. the table of honor was displayed towards the edge of one side of the dance floor, directly across from it being the dj, who already started playing music. everyone began to make their way into the room.

garcia announced something along the lines of "let's get this party started!", which earned a laugh from derek and emily-as well as a laugh from spencer and leah. they had all began walking in before leah felt something take her hand. she looked down to find it was spencer reid's hand.

"and what do you think you're doing?" leah asked him jokingly. of course, she didn't mind that he was holding her hand-but she didn't expect it either. "well," spencer started. "you said it yourself; 'no problem,' right?"

leah chortled at him, taken a bit by surprise. "fair enough, spencer reid. you're acting pretty bold tonight. you're not as awkward as you look."

"hey!" he laughed. "i'm not that awkward. not around you, anyway." "you got me there. so, what's on the agenda for tonight, doctor? we already know, like, everything about each other."

"well, aren't you patient."

"well, excuse me for being curious. i want to know what the kid genius 'extra extra read all about it' reid has in story for our first ever date."

"one, once again, i'm older than you-two, i promise you a good time, can that be enough?-three, 'our first ever date?' are you indicating there'll be more?"

"depends."

"on what?"

"if you ask me."