𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺 - 𝚍𝚘𝚘𝚛𝚜

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟒 - ♪ 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 ♪
(𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒇𝒕)
04.16.13

𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴
𝘸𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺, 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘩, 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘰
𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦
𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥
𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥

𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘸𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺, 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘩, 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷�...

⋆ ୨ ♡ ୧ ⋆

"HOLY SHIT," LEAH said to herself as she walked into her apartment at 7pm. she was released from the hospital a few days after she took the shot, her upper arm bandaged. she still couldn't fathom the fact that aaron hotchner offered her a spot on his team. she had thought about nothing but his words since he said them- saying that after she finished schooling, he had a spot open on his team for her.

she was finally so close to getting everything she always wanted. since high school, she couldn't imagine doing anything else. and now, everything was practically in her grasp.

but at what cost? she lost her best friend. god, shayne. he only died a few days ago. she had no family to support her...not to mention, if she did get the job, she'd have to leave the cafe and won't babysit jack anymore. of course, she would never forget shayne- how he supporter her no matter what, and how he was the only ray of sunshine in her life. but he would want her to move on. she knew it. she just didn't want to accept it. she shouldn't have to be grieving her best friend's death before they even turned 30. it wasn't fair.

she looked over to the couch, eyes lingering on the spot he always sat in. tears beginning to cloud her vision, she smiled, remembering the many movie nights they had, watching some cheesy romcom or harry potter, or even sometimes a classic disney movie. she would miss those nights. she would miss him.

as she sat in the spot next to his, taking in the scent of his cologne that still flooded the air, she began to ponder on the last few days. for god's sake, she was taken into custody for his murder. she looked up at her door- or at least, where her door used to be. surprisingly, the door that once stood there had not been replaced after being knocked down by fbi agent derek morgan. but she felt safe. she knew everyone in her building well enough and trusted the security measures to enter the building enough to feel safe in her home without one.

and then, as if on cue, she heard a knock on...something. obviously not the door, and she saw that it was derek morgan. "hey," he said. "hey, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"well, i did knock down you door, so, thought i'd come buy and discuss the payment for a new one." "oh, you really don't have to-" "no, i insist." leah sighed in defeat.

"do you have any family in the area you can stay with until it gets replaced?"

leah exhaled, as if holding in her breath in anticipation of this question being asked, not wanting to answer. "uh, no. i don't have any family, anymore."

"bad childhood?"

"dead parents."

derek's smile turned into a frown, shocked at what he heard. "oh, i'm sorry-" "don't be. they died a long time ago, my junior year of high school wasn't exactly...a fun time, to say the least." he half smiled at her, still feeling a bit sorry for bringing it up.

"you have no one to stay with tonight then? not any friends in the area?"

leah shook her head no. "yeah, i don't really have any other super close friends that would open up their home to me like that, only some acquaintances from college and school...well, except aaron but i don't want to bother him. but i'll be fine, really-"

"come stay at my place then." leah almost choked on air. "huh?" "come stay with me. it's the least i could do before your door gets replaced, which i will be paying for." "derek, i barely know you! you could turn out to be some psycho serial killer-" "yeah, me, the fbi agent who your friend hired!"

leah sighed, thinking for a few moments. "whatever, lead the way, morgan. just know this will be the first and last time you'll catch me sleeping at your place."

morgan laughed, "we'll see about that." leah got up to pack some clothes, a toothbrush and some other self care products to use for when she woke up. as she stuffed her bag with items she heard him on the phone, talking to someone about replacing the door. she still couldn't believe she agreed to this. she had just met this guy, and now she's having a sleepover at his apartment.

they got in his car and started to drive to derek's. he lived closer than leah thought he would, only being a quick 20-25 minutes from her place. they spoke along the way, derek saying that her door should be fixed in the morning by the time she gets back.

his place was really nice, she looked at the couch that she was going to be sleeping on that night, and it looked really comfortable. "you're sure you don't want the bed?" derek asked. "i don't mind taking the couch." "no, i told you i prefer couches to bed a lot of the time, but thank you."

"alright, well, welcome to mi casa." she laughed. she liked him a lot, he seemed like a great guy to be around. she sat down on the couch and melted instantly. "this couch is amazing." morgan laughed at her. "i'm glad you think so." he poured some soda into two glass cups he took from his cupboard, sitting next to her on the couch as he set the two glasses on the table in front of them. "so, how've you been?"

"well," leah started. "pretty shitty, i was shot in the arm the other day and my apartment has no door, so."

"ha ha," morgan laughed sarcastically. "very funny." he looked at her, curiosity must have clouded his judgment for boundaries, considering the next question that came out of his mouth.

"so, if it's too much to ask you don't have to answer, but, how'd your parents die?"

leah looked at him, her mouth agape in surprise by this question. "oh- well, i don't really know."

"what do you mean?"

"it's a complicated story, i guess."

"i got time."