𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟷 - 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚜

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟏 - ♪ 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐 ♪
(𝒃𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒛𝒊𝒆𝒓)
06.26.13

𝘪 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮
𝘪 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶

𝘪 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘪 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶

⋆ ୨ ♡ ୧ ⋆

"THANK YOU SO much for this, by the way," leah told spencer as she dragged her chair next to spencer's. almost everyone had left the building by now, the time reading 7:42pm. it was only the two of them and david rossi, who said his goodbyes the two as he entered the elevator.

"it's no problem, gray," he responded. "ok, please, just call me by my first name, i prefer it much more." spencer looked at her and nodded.

as leah took out her phone to print the pictures, spencer spoke. "you didn't come in to work today, is everything alright?" "oh, my-my old boss passed away. i was at her wake." "oh, i'm very sorry to hear that. i was worried when i didn't see you but hotch said everything was fine."

ignoring him, focused on the matter at hand, leah had printed the pictures she took on her phone and gave handed them to him. "so this one," leah started. it was the picture of the battered up lily that lay in her hands. "before this picture was taken, it was a white rose. now it's a really battered up lily. i mean, it makes sense, lilies symbolize death and even remorse, but why?"

"yeah, a white rose although symbolizing many things, mostly symbolizes the idea of innocence. the poem by john boyle o'reilly also says that a white rose is a much better symbol of love and life than the typical red rose, which symbolizes passion above all else, but a lily as you said is more related to death and even more so the resurrection thereafter. maybe whoever replaced it feels some...guilt for not being there for her enough before she died?"

leah nodded with what he said, but disagreed. she thought it was more. perhaps she was overreacting, but something was wrong.

"i guess, yeah, that makes sense. it could just be a harmless switch, but i mean, look at this," she handed him the next picture, of the jagged circle of lines with the cross in the middle.

he studied the picture, his eyes squinted in confusion. "yeah, this is really odd."

"see?"

"well, this is obviously a cross in the middle. it could be some kind of religious affiliation? was your boss a christian?" "yeah, but what does that circle mean?" "well, it reminds me mostly of the crown of thorns, which symbolizes pain, specifically jesus's pain during his crucifixion. it also symbolizes evil and sin since the people forced jesus to wear the crown on his head."

"well that, in hand with the lily, they both symbolize rebirth of some kind, right? since the lily means resurrection and the crown represents the time right before jesus was resurrected?"

"yeah, it looks like it."

"you know, it's really weird. at the funeral i felt like something was off, like i was being watched. but i looked around and no one was there. maybe that person did this?"

spencer looked at her and sighed, not in an annoyed way, but in a comforting one. "maybe we should get home and get some rest. you've had a long day."

"but what about-" "i promise i'll look into it when i get home. just- let me take you home now." leah sighed at him. "fine."

they walked out of the building towards spencer's car. leah was in the habit of walking to and from work every morning, regardless of inheriting her parent's car.

"what's your address?" leah gave it to him, and spencer began driving. "you actually live kind of close to my place."

"oh really? how far?" "six minute and 34 second drive. without traffic, that is."

leah looked at him with a smirk on her face, happy he answered so seriously. she giggled a bit, "i love that mind of yours."

"thanks," spencer laughed. "want to put on some music?"

agreeing, leah turned the radio on, allowing her to choose any station she wanted. she jumped through them for about 30 seconds until a song she recognized started playing. "no way," leah smiled widely.

spencer looked at her for a moment, listening to the song. when he finally recognized it, he titled his head back a groaned, a smile on his face.

"her name is noelle...!"