𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶 - 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚢

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟎 - ♪ 𝒈𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 ♪
(𝒃𝒚 𝟓 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓)
06.25.13

𝘪𝘧 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩,
𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘪'𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦
𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦

𝘪𝘧 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩,𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘪'𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦

⋆ ୨ ♡ ୧ ⋆

ON JUNE 25, leah got a call in the night from her old coworker. agnes campbell was dead.

she was found dead by her husband in her home, alone. they weren't sure how she passed, but since she lay lifeless at the bottom of her stairs with some pools of blood around her, they assumed she had fallen and wasn't able to get up to call for help. she was told that her husband spoke of some heart issues, and the police who investigated her death ruled it a heart attack into a fall.

leah adored her. she was devastated. agnes was a big mother figure to her even before her own mother passed.

she attended the wake the next day, the only person she recognized being the coworker that informed her of the death who she worked with frequently before leaving to join the team, and the other being hazel, agnes's husband.

the service was beautiful, but something seemed off. she couldn't describe the feeling she felt, one of being watched, one of feeling a chill down her spine as she stared into the open casket. there was something wrong about this scene. it didn't look right.

"leah gray!" hazel walked up to her, sticking his hand out at the girl. "how's work been?"

leah was startled. this man normally didn't have this attitude, he was always nervous to even look at her. what was up with this new confidence? "work's been fine," she grabbed his hand and shook it. the set of eyes set on her she felt earlier were still there, and she looked around at everyone there. but she met eyes with no one. "i'm sorry for your loss."

"thank you, that really means a lot. she really loved you, you know."

leah smiled, looking once more towards her casket. it was a bright white color, surrounded by bright blue vases all stuffed with pink poppies, aconites and red tulips.

that was it.

"interesting flower choice, mr. campbell," leah looked at him and pointed towards the flowers.

"how do you mean?"

"well, you remember the cafe. it was all blues and purples and other neutral colors. even the uniforms were. agnes hated red. you should have settled on the daises and purple petunias, i think she would've liked it more."

she looked at him, he was staring right back at her. "actually," she asked. "why would you pick these flowers and colors of them all?" he just looked at her. "well, pink poppies don't really count, but the color should of been different. red tulips surprisingly give an angry symbolism. and aconites? i know there's not many but there's at least one in every single vase up there, of course a blue color, agnes favorite, but those do not symbolize anything good, in fact they stand for caution and hatred."

"i think you're looking into this too much," he reassured her. "besides, i didn't have any say in these, i let the home choose them."

leah nodded, not pleased in his answer. wanting to get away, she said, "well, let me say goodbye. i need to get back to work."

she walked up to the casket and looked at her, mentally saying anything and everything she wanted to say to her. she was beautiful, wrapped in a black dress that was loose and just barely exposed a bit of her chest. in her hand was one little white rose, but as leah looked deeper she saw the thorns had made her hands start to bleed, but the black dressed absorbed the blood that it was barely visible. but there was a lot. she looked up a bit to see her chest was a bit irritated.

the wake ended an hour later, and abusing her power of being an fbi agent, she asked the home if they would allow her to look at her casket for a little while before they cleared the room. she walked right back up to agnes, pulling a bit of her dress down to look at the irritation on her chest. only slightly could she see what it was; a small circle with multiple jagged lines surrounding it. inside of the circle were two straight lines perpendicular to each other, creating a shape of a cross. leah look her phone out and snapped a picture of it, deciding to do more research once she got home. opening her photos to make sure it was good, she looked at agnes's hands which were present in the picture. the white roses that once laid in them was gone, now replaced with a battered white lily.

confused as ever, leah thanked the home directors and left, dialing a number on her phone.

"hey, are you still at work?" it was 5pm now. most of the agents had gone home. "i may need your help."