𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹 - 𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚎

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟐𝟑 - ♪ 𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒑𝒐𝒆𝒕 ♪(𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒖𝒔)
05.17.14

𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘭
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘮 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘭
𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪'𝘮 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘸

𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘮 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪'𝘮 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘬�...

⋆ ୨ ♡ ୧ ⋆

"O-OH," LEAH RESPONDED hesitantly. "of course, mr. porter. i'm so sorry for your loss."

"it's okay," he responded. "after his mother passed, it was only me and him. he didn't really like staying with me, though, so he stayed with his uncle." leah watched hazel quickly glance over at jason before batting his eyes away as quick as he laid them on him.

leah nodded in response to jason's words, then turning to hazel. "well, it was nice seeing you, mr. campbell. and it was nice to meet you, mr. porter." she then walked back over to spencer, who watched the whole interaction, thoughts filling her head by the second. she only remembers tidbits of the things her father said about the pizza place, but remembered he spoke highly of the friends he had there. she smiled at the thought of her father having friends. it made her happy how he was once so loved.

"hey, spencer?" leah stood above him, thinking. he looked over at her. she wanted to tell him that something seemed off about the encounter. hazel seemed nervous both in front of her and in front of jason, his good friend. why?

"um, nevermind," was what came out of her mouth next, though. she honestly didn't want to burden spencer once more with her overanalysis of a normal interaction. still, it was odd. but, in that moment, she decided that maybe she could ask mr. campbell once more to talk. she was curious as to why he was so nervous, and wanted answers for her own curiosity's sake. besides, he seemed like a nice man, nothing could go wrong.

"we're back!" leah announced to derek and emily as her and spencer walked out of the elevator, dropping the to-go bag on her desk. she opened the bag and pulled out two different cups of ice cream and two spoons and placed them on each of their desks.

"thank you, my love!" emily told leah as she took the lid off her cup.

"yes, you guys are lifesavers!" derek told spencer as he sat down in his chair.

if this event had taken place months ago, leah and spencer would be teased endlessly. however, the teasing died down after almost four months of derek and emily's jokes.

jj and garcia came by to get their ice cream and spoons, both thanking the two agents. leah then grabbed two spoons, and both her and hotch's cups of ice cream as she walked towards his office. "did somebody order ice cream?" leah announced jokingly to hotch as she entered his office. he looked up at her and smiled, taking the spoon and cup from her hand.

"thanks, gray," hotch said as he started eating his ice cream. leah sat down in the extra chair in the room and started eating hers too. after a few minutes of comfortable silence, leah broke it. "hey, hotch?"

he looked up at her, insinuating she continue. "would you mind if i take just two days off starting tomorrow?"

hotch raised his eyebrows. "why? are you okay?"

"um...i don't know yet. i have some things i need to take care of, i promise it's nothing big or nothing i can't handle. and of course-"

"are you in any trouble?"

"what? aaron, no, it's just- let's just say a friend of mine needs some help." hotch sighed, then said "okay, yeah. if you need anything from me, from us, please tell me."

leah mouthed a quick "thank you" to hotch before exiting his office to return to her own desk. she threw her empty cup of ice cream away before taking a seat. just 30 minutes later, everyone was called to the round table.

before leah entered the room, hotch walked up to her. "this case is in florida. we'll probably be there for a few days so you can fly down once your done with...helping your friend."

"right, got it," leah nodded. "i'll listen in, and if you guys need anything, you can call me and i'll be on a plane down there instantly."

"same to you," hotch nodded, leah taking a seat next to spencer.

jj started explaining the case. there was a serial killer lose in florida, who was given the name "tooth fairy" by the public. they killed people who didn't have their definition of perfect teeth, and would take one of their teeth as a trophy.

"wheels up in 30," hotch said as he dismissed the agents, causing them all to stand up and get their go-bags.

leah walked back over to her desk. "where's your go-bag, gray?" derek asked her.

"oh, i'm not coming, you couldn't catch me dead in florida." derek looked at her questioningly. she laughed, "i'm just kidding, i got something to take care of here so i should be up there in a few days if you guys somehow manage to solve the case without me."

he raised his eyebrows questioningly, "ha, ha, very funny, what thing-" "things that don't concern you!"

leah said her goodbyes to the agents before they left, being questioned by almost all of them as to why she wouldn't be joining them. she just explained that a friend of hers needed help and that she would join them soon and would only be a phone call away. she only had around an hour of work left before she leaves, so she texted mr. campbell to see if she could trouble him to grab dinner and talk about things.

she got an immediate response. "yes, come over tonight at 8 :)"