Chapter 7: Reborn

I'm not sure where I was, but all I could see was darkness. Then stars began to appear one after the other until I was floating in the universe's colorful kingdom of creation. I slowly opened my eyes, but where I was seeing from wasn't my body, but a third persons point of view. In fact, I could see my body sitting all alone.

Burning chains of black flames wrapped around my naked body, forever holding me stuck in one place. I blinked, and was now seeing from my bodies eyes. People than began to walk past me.

Some great, some small, and others I knew. Aremi, Heather, Darrell, Mare, all the party members, and then finally my greater self. I struggled to break free but it was no use. I tried to call out, but nothing came out.

Then he turned to me, and looked at me with his deep green eyes. "Come to me." He said, and I blinked again.

When I opened my eyes I was met with the ghoul emperor, his face as beautiful as ever. No, maybe even more so now. He stuck his hand in my chest and I screamed.

It was only a knee jerk reaction, because I felt nothing. He then began to twist and pull, and suddenly the chains broke and dissipated into nothingness.

"Gah!"

Fresh air filled my lungs as I deeply breathed in and opened my eyes. My entire body was in cold sweats as I struggled to coordinate where I was. The room was shabby, and there were strange rags on me, but importantly I was breathing.

'Why am I alive?'

I thought as I grasped my chest where I was impaled. 'But how, I'm certain that was a fatal wound...'

Ping Ping Ping..!

[Notification]
[Secret requirements have been fulfilled. Seal of the unbound has been removed.]

[You have survived a near death experience against an enemy whose strength is at the pinnacle. This is a great achievement. You have earned 100 experience points, and the skill, Fortified mind. In the future you'll be more calm in desperate situations.]

There were notifications everywhere in front of me, and I even leveled up and unlocked a skill for the first time in my life.

'I leveled up..? Seal of the unbound..? I don't get this..'

I thought before opening up my stat screen. If what these notifications say are true..

[Stat screen]

Name: Allan rose
Type: N/A
Level: 2/???

[Health]  100/100
[Stamina] 20/20
[Mana] 20/20

[Stat points]
Available points: 3

Vitality: 10 +
Strength: 10 +
Agility: 10 +
Intelligence: 10 +
Dexterity: 10 +
Faith: 10 +
Luck: 10 +

"Level 2..."

I looked closely for awhile, and even slapped my face to make sure I wasn't dreaming, but it was still there.

'It's true, I really did level up..! I even have the stat points I've always heard everyone talk about, should I place them now? No, I'll use them sparingly in case this was a fluke. If I can level up again then I'll know for certain.'

I thought as I scrolled through my stat screen with a huge smile on my face. At the moment, nothing else mattered and this was the peak of my life.

'I should check that skilled I just learned. Hmm let's see fortified mind...'

Fortified Mind (lvl 1)
Description - User is slightly resistant against fear, panic, and irrationality.
Usage - Passive

"Interesting, I wonder to what extent it will actually keep me calm. Hm and it even has a level, does that mean it can also be upgraded? In any case this is pretty good considering I've never had a skill.'