Chapter 8: Nonsensical leveling

Ghouls, creatures of the night and caves. Known for attacking in hoards due to their innately weak nature. Their dead bodies littered my surroundings, and yet compared to the ones still chasing me, it would seem their numbers barely dwindled.

By this point I've leveled up around six times, and continued to place my points in agility. If they couldn't touch me, they couldn't kill me, and durability wise their bodies were as weak as normal humans so one good hit with a stone was enough to knock them unconscious. After they were down I'd do whatever I could to kill them, which basically meant pounding their heads in until they died.

"Grrah..!" They yelled as I ran through them, picking the weakest of the bunch and making quick work of him.

Without a weapon, this was the best I could do, but still this was better than I've ever done so I hardly cared. Though, if I had the chance to get a weapon I couldn't let it pass by. So the ghoul that held onto a shabby short sword became target number one.

'A sword? I have to take it no matter what.'

I threw my rock into the ghouls face, causing him to drop his weapon. Even I was surprised at the speed it flew, but it makes sense for agility to also affect my arms as well and not just my movement speed.

"I'll be taking this."

[Item] Nobles Rusty blue sword
Type: Short sword
Rank: D
Attack: 14
Durability: 82/120
A sword once used by a noble wanderer who sought to to be an adventurer. Despite this blades fancy name and blue hilt, it's no different than a steel short sword. If used well, it should prove a good weapon even if rusted.

'Other than the grime and rust it appears to be in pretty good condition. I wonder who was trampled on and killed by these guys, who once held this weapon? That's so sad, but I guess it doesn't matter now. I should just be grateful it made it's way to me.'

The sword was small, and somehow heavy. I swung it at the ghouls who were unfortunate enough to be right behind me, but I missed. I was slow and sluggish.

'This is the results of only leveling up my agility points, next I'll add strength.'

I thought as I held my guard up against the hoard. Between my blade and the countless monsters surrounding me there was a sense of tranquility. Maybe it was my skill keeping me calm, but even in the face of danger I felt happy. An eccentric smile crossed my face.

"Come!"

My new blade swung heavily even with my increased movement speed, because of this I was hit. A claw grazed across my left shoulder. I could feel the ghouls mood collectively increase at the positive outcome for them. I'm sure If they thought they no longer had to be wary of my speed they would begin to recklessly charge me. So I let them.

One after the other they charged me until I could barely make out how many there were, and when they got close enough to take me down I shifted my weight.
The blade swung fast and heavy this time, plowing through three of the ghouls at once.

[Notification]
You've leveled up! 3 stat points have been added to your level up screen

I immediately placed my points in strength, and continued on. My stamina has risen by 90 after placing 18 points into agility, I could keep going.

[Stat screen]

Name: Allan Rose
Type: ???
Level: 7/???

[Health] 82/100
[Stamina] 71/110
[Mana] 20/20

[Stat points]
Available points: 0

Vitality: 10 +
Strength: 13 +
Agility: 28 +
Intelligence: 10 +
Dexterity: 10 +
Faith: 10 +
Luck: 10 +