22 - Weakness

Chan opens his apartment door and notices... the alarm is off. The light in the kitchen is on. A wide smile exposes dimples on his cheeks. This looks like a beginning of a very good night. And even better morning.

As he enters in with his cocky smile and starts loosening up a tie... he sees Hyunjin sitting on a sofa with a sulky expression on his face.
That face is a surprise. But he decides to skip this little detail and walks over to land a kiss on the most kissable lips in a world.

- No kiss.

- Ok.... what's wrong?

- You and Ms Kim.

- What about Ms Kim?

- Apparently you've been having an affair with her for who knows how long. Yet, you made me believe that 1. you don't sleep with your employees, and 2. you don't sleep around or have someone on a side!
Not to mention that this was happening when you were married, so why would you be faithful to me if you were not faithful to your own wife!
And, and... Ms Kim is right there by your office all the time. Who knows what you do when you're alone in your office. You two even travel together!
I don't know where to start... you're just, you're... not at all like what you told me. And I believed you!! Stupidly. Lucky for you that Felix is now seeing someone or I'd just....

- Stop.

- No, no. No stop. Here is your home key. You can give it to Ms Kim. Or, wait... she probably has one already, doesn't she?

- Stop! You're not returning the key!!Nobody else has one. Nobody ever did. Except for the cleaning service. Nobody ever, EVER got this key. Nobody except you even came to this place. Ever. That bed you saw the first day we met - nobody else saw it before!

Chan takes a deep breath and begins his confession:

- True, I was sleeping with Jiwoo for years. My marriage with Marie was loveless. It was more like a business contract. I thought we made a good deal. We lived outside of Seoul like she wanted, in a big house to show to her friends. It's good we divorced before we got any children. I lost a fortune on that marriage but it was nobody's fault. I was working all the time, and she wanted a glamorous life.
Jiwoo... she never wanted to get married, she's just focused on work. It worked well for both of us. There were never any emotions between us. It was just sex. In the office, or a hotel. Never here.
And after sleeping together, she never stayed till next morning. There was never any expectation about "us".
Just like it started, that thing with Jiwoo ended, with no mess.
I told her we won't have sex any more that day when I returned from Japan, when you told me about Felix. It's all behind us.
And you... you! Fine, let's talk about that too! I saw you that afternoon in a conference room... and before end of the day I took you to my home. When you were talking at that meeting, it was like a thunder struck me.
I don't know, I was under your spell or something.
It was absolutely ridiculous to take you out for dinner! Why would I take out to a dinner someone who just started working at the company, at a medium-level position, in a department I never have any interest in?
Ask Park how many times I took him out for a dinner.
Before you... it was just Jiwoo, and my wife, and I had a brief encounter with one couple.. that was when I was much younger. I thought it was just a stupid experiment you try when you're young and explore your sexuality. I still considered myself straight.
Until you came.
I had to have you. I was dying to have you. It was so wrong on so many levels, there were thousand reasons not to do it - but I had to have you.
And that outburst I had a following day, after you sneaked out... that never happened before! I get all fired up about work, about money, but never about a person I'm seeing.
Keep the key.
Please.
This is our place.

Hyunjin doesn't know how Chan did it, but he totally changed his mind. He's good at convincing people, bloody damn negotiator for sure!
He's still upset but also kind of wants to jump on Chan...
No, Hyunjin, focus, you're upset!

- Well... I don't know. I need to process all this.

- I understand. I should've just told you everything from the start. But, I didn't want to lose you. I just had to have you... it was like a primal instinct or something... you do things to me.

- I think I'll keep the key for now.

After some awkward silence, Chan pours drink in two glasses and sits next to him.

Chan is not happy that that now he has a weakness. A very tall, slim, sexy af - weakness. He's so soft for his charms, it can't be good. It's like an obsession. Yeah, that's it, an obsession. Hyunjin got him all tied up and exposed. And Chan fucking hates it and loves it at the same time.

2 minutes.

That's how much time had passed before glasses with alcohol were put down and gloves taken off. They turned to each other and collided like two ships in an open ocean. Chan hovered over him and Hyunjin put his hands on Chan's nape to stay close.

- Let's see that bedroom of yours again...

*****

I love how Chan goes through a whirlpool of emotions in this chapter 👌😘

*****