8. Unn-bann

SARISHA

I stepped outside the kitchen to attend to my family and the man I hate sitting in my house, but when I appeared, my father was putting down the suitcase my mother partially packed earlier, Vidyut immediately jumped towards my father and took the load off his hand.

I blinked, and with the clutch tightening on the tray in my hand, I walked forward and kept the tray down on the table.

He met my eyes, and then down at the content on the platter my mother decided to serve him, because, after all, he is the son-in-law.

"Tell, Maa! Not to tire herself please!" He said,

Maa?

Who is he to call my mother maa? He asked me, my mother, who followed behind me. And sat down, "This is the least we can do, for what you are doing for us! Jamai-sa!" She sat on the chair,

He met my eyes again before he took the bowl and had its scoop, he politely said a few great words about my mother's cooking and smiled at them.

When they talked about most irrelevant things with him, he listened to it as if his life depended on that advice.

He is an aggravating, phoney bogus man. I sneered at his impeccable acting skills.

"We should go back, Sarisha?" He suggested suddenly, I stared at him but he didn't meet my eyes, respectfully asking for his leave from my parents he jumped on his feet and faced me.
"Let's go? I will be waiting by the car." He asked me and touched my parent's feet before he left with the suitcase himself.

I was not happy about walking out of my house, today after what I have done! I thought I would stay here! Forever.
But I misjudged, how adequately stupid I was to believe, I can get away from him?

I left too, walking to where he was, leaning on the door with his hand crossed, on his chest. Leaning against his car,

He waited for my approach, I looked around, and Bhavani Kaka's car was gone

He waited for my approach, I looked around, and Bhavani Kaka's car was gone. He must have sent him away, so he could torture me in his car while riding back his harrowing house.

I mentally prepared myself before I walked down to the threshold and the stairs, and approached. Because he will bust out right instant at me.

He opened the door to the passenger seat, but he didn't say anything, I waited for him to bombard me with his shouting but he calmly shut the door for me, When I sat inside and walked into the driver's seat, driving himself today.

I closed my eyes, and inhaled when he roared the engine, Maybe now?

The ride of the car started, and I believed that maybe now? Now he will scream at me, but not again.

We were halfway to the house. In this deafening silence, I waited for every passing act for him to just shout at me.

Maybe he doesn't know?