25. THE END (part 2)

SARISHA

Sisterhood. Love. Trust. Understanding.

Every single deception and delusion I used to live with about my sister? Was broken into fragments of words. The one I have known for twenty years of my life was nothing but a lie.

Can you truly know someone? Ever.

I thought I and my sister were transparent. But we were just mirrors that showed two different pictures when twisted to the other side.
She had held a face, right before me? And what was I? A fool, a loser to never witnessed the certitude in this situation.

I held my hand closer to my chest, and with the ache that had started to grow, my belly twisted in several knots, I wished it was a real illness because my existence felt like nothing.

But when my eyes found Vidyut.
What came ahead was bigger than the feeling of being a loser and my sister's betrayal.

It felt like I stood like a wall of the house that I had built on my hatred for Vidyut and the stones that Vidyut every word threw at me. Made me crumble. But before the hatred could crumble.

The mirror was kept before me, the same way the rock of truth was being rained on me. Vidyut has been that wall standing in front of Shrushti's betrayal, and breaking himself with my hits?

I held myself in my place, my head hurting from the information, tears that hadn't halted from the broken state, while Vidyut spoke his last words. "I was wrong Sarisha, I was never evil, not enough to torment a woman. That is something that you should have trusted me with. But then again, trust is a staircase of love? And that is the bridge we haven't crossed yet," He pulled back, but my hand extended towards his way, "Vid-"

"Sarisha. Don't?" He stepped back and put his hand in the air. He turned towards the door but I stepped right behind him and caught his hand with both of mine. "Please, please...please?" The tears that were streaming with boiling emotion earlier now, boiled on my face.

Everything was too much, holding something that my sister had done against him. He took the blow of her doing and never complained. I raised my head and found him watching me, yet again. "Sarisha? What should a kid who made a mistake say?" he asked me, and I sighed and shook my head, with a smile that tried to pass on my face, "I am sorry?" I spoke so lightly.

And he let go of my hand and turned toward me, "I know Sarisha the misery you feel right now goes deeper than anything that could describe. And I am here for you, but only when you want me to be your shoulder. Not for you to hit on it and push me back again and again?" He complained, about something that I always did when I had accused him.

He stood like a statue when I wrapped my hands around him and rested my head on his chest, he didn't wrap his hands around my back. "Vidyut? I know, I am to be blamed for everything I did to you.."

"No, Sarisha. If there is anyone to blame? She is already gone. We were entangled because of our love for our families. If I hadn't sacrificed my rules for Manya? And hadn't accepted your sister's offer? I would be here! And if you didn't love your family? You wouldn't be here. And never forget, that you were unaware of everything, can I truly dislike the way you treated me? When for you, I was a forty-year-old uncle who for a piece of land traded you like a sack? You did what you were supposed to in the place? And never to forget, every single thing that everything thinks is too much? I love that every ‘too much’ in fact, that is what I have felt for you. The tantrums, the banters and how much age matters to you? It makes me feel I matter."

"Vidyut? Can I tell you something?" I asked him, and he now wrapped his hands around me.

"It is that backbone is tilting with age now?" He spoke evidently, and I chuckled at his chest.
He managed to make me laugh even in the moment of my deepest sorrow, and I shook my head, "Then maybe? That you think my heart is getting weak now with age?"