15. Vichitra

SARISHA

“Okay then,”

An overwhelming smile caught my face, and there was a warmth that flooded my body, I saw him, but it felt like something lifted from my eyes, because now whoever was standing before me was a completely different person.

His eyes widened, and surprise washed him, he was sure that I would deny him. Even I was sure I would deny him.
But this gesture? It was overwhelming. They made me feel different.

His eyes widen. The utter shock was visible on his face, those lips parted open, and I ended up chuckling at his reaction.

My hand rose to his chin and I shut its lower jaw clasping his mouth. And he caught my hand. My hand was on his light stubble, piercing like a thorn, but it was addictive. I wanted to rub the back of my fingers on his stubble.

His wrist held my hand in its place, his hand stretched out towards the left, a grahastyakar ran towards him from left and held the ring box for him. He removed the ring and handed it to Vidyut before he left.

He brought my hand down finally and opening my palm in his, he slid the ring on my empty ring finger.

My eyes darted to the ring and surprise washed over me.
He had his name engraved on the band of the ring, while it was a beautiful tear-drop ring which was garnished with so many diamonds around having additional thin binding, and at the end of the bend, the ring that came towards my palm was written his name. Vidyut.

I met his eyes, "It looks expensive, I might lose it?" I asked him, "How much did it cost?" I asked a subtle attempt, of an uncertain tease was it?

He shook his head in denial, warm air post-rain, caught us in a whiff,
He inhaled the rough air, losing it.
"The price is not your concern,"

"It is what if I lose it? You might just die from a heart attack if it's too expensive?" I registered in sarcasm, and he chuckled, stepping closer to me. His body leaned forward. He held his hand towards my nose, tracing the line of top, the hands soon leading to my jaw.

I stiffened under his sudden touch, unsure of throwing his hand away but subconsciously my body leaned in his touch,
"Oh, I am going to choke your living as long as I am alive. Sarisha,"
He caught my tease, and his reply was his version of a subtle flirt he does. And have been doing with me.

Choke me?

I shoved my thoughts away, not going to think too much. I liked what he did today, I will go with the stream, and see if will it lead me to the ocean of emotions, or maybe I will end up being a storm for him. Whatever it is the parts of me were willing to explore.

He smiled suddenly, and I watched his darkened lips stretching, while he traced mine under his rough fingertip, "No retort today? Don't tell me wearing that ring blocked your nerve that made you smart-mouthed?" He asked me, and I snickered,