23. THE PARTY (FINAL PART)

VIDYUT

The blazing flames in my nerves wouldn't settle while my eyes lingered on Amaal Mewad sitting with my wife. I wanted to rush to him, knock him down on the table, and then pour the whiskey in his eyes, for that he dared to look at Sarisha.

Similar, to how I would do to people at the party.
But he left sooner before I could take action.
Yet, Sarisha sat there with her eyes flabbergasted.
That man spoke something to her, and those words weren't appealing. Her eyes were clear indications of the words she had heard from his mouth.

Amaal Mewad, is your fresh strategy to take revenge on me, for refusing your marriage proposal to my sister by straddling my young wife into ideas, or facts that she shouldn't know? I am unsure of how I am going to full-murder you rather than half-murdering you.

Sarisha's eyes lingered on me before she was accompanied by Zehra, that Muslim wife. They talked, and the King next to me talked about something. But my mind was resting on my wife.

"Vidyut?" Jasvanthya called me, and I turned to face him. "Do you agree?"

"To what?" I asked, raising my question. And Daharthya followed my previous eye-line and he came back shaking his head. "We can discuss it later? I think I am going to head home with Sarisha!" I announced to them and they all eyed me surprised.

"Sarisha home!" I said coming closer, but yet in distance.

I didn't wait for their approval, taking my leave already I walked towards Sarisha and Zehra, their words being clearer,
"I don't know if Vidyut would agree, But I would love to!" She spoke.

Yes, you do anything with my permission? I didn't become snappy, not when my eyes were already filled with zillions of thoughts. One to the truth, one to the past, one to the present, one to what he might have said, how much he had said. And how Sarisha would perceive it?

I stopped right beside her,
"Vidyut would agree on what?" I asked,  and Sarisha met Zehra's gaze. It was clear that Sarisha liked the woman in front of her. And she has gained friends in our world, one who wouldn't taunt her on having an older boyfriend and ask her how I am in bed.

To hear I am a pig in return.

Her having a friend would be amazing. That's what I wanted,
Finally, the fumbled blocks of our relationship were setting back into place.
The pieces were getting set-stoned.

Even if our coalitions don't fit? We were sticking, even with those blemishes.
And anything getting to her knowledge now?  

"Us, seeing each other often?" Zehra said, trying to appear confident, I understand her distortion, it's not fear she feels, it's rage. She feels irate-hate or hatred for Sarisha's situation.

Her questions astounded me, she didn't get Sarisha's sarcasm behind the words, that she didn't truly mean she required my permission. I smiled wickedly before I spoke, "Oh! I don't mind, she can if she wants to," I said and Sarisha was still hung on whatever the words of Mewad was.

Sarisha just waved her bye, when I clutched her hand and walked outside of the party with her.

I am not furious, I am fearful.

Getting Sarisha for a replacement was never the ideal deal, between her sister and me.
Whatever the deal was? She died with the truth never being told.
Sarisha believed in the earlier of our marriage for her sister died because she was being forced into getting married with me.

But she wasn't until the circumstances led to her dying in the same wedding tent where I and Sarisha have sworn eternity. In the pool of her sister's swiped off blood.