23. THE PARTY (part 1)

My eyes wandered to Vidyut's hand, as he set the gears, but his hand was covered with his kurta sleeves, and veins in his front palm pulsed when he forcefully handled the gear and set it on the third side.

I put my eyes back in the front, while the king's car was front ahead, and we had already left the others behind.
But suddenly a car pulled over at my side, and Ekvarthya's face came upfront with a smug to me and he went ahead of us.

I turned to Vidyut, who was still driving his car at the least speed! "Oh, you are so from bullock cart times!" I taunted him, and he narrowed his eyes.

"He challenged us?" I shouted, the obvious world to his look and he shook his head and rested his vision back on the front.
"He isn't going to the party, why would he challenge us?" He said when I rolled my eyes and crossed my hands. "Such a boring! Uncle," I spat.

Suddenly the car roared to life from its bullock state and finally became the automobile it was meant to be. He drove the car ahead, he was ready to take over but Ekvarthya's car crisscrossed with Daharthya's and some random car on two hundred feet road, Vidyut took the chance and tried to fit and crossed into the narrow space in went ahead Ekvarthya's car and hitting on the gear he went ahead of the King's Car.

The victory felt to be ahead of those monstrous royals! I blasted into laughter and happiness, clapping while jumping in the seat.
"That's how much you hate the royals?" He implored me, and I nodded.

"So much! There is fake entitlement, really annoys me! Because under that powerful fist. We commoners are the ones suffering."

“So what would you want Sarisha? If it was on you?"

“Freedom, not a sham of games!"

~

I stepped out of the car with Vidyut on his wide, King standing with a cruel look towards Vidyut. When we stepped closer to the Royal brothers, an instant insult was cast by the king.

"Your young wife is messing with your head Vidyut? Trying to get ahead of me, I don't know if I will count it as betrayal." He spoke brutally. I narrowed my eyes, but Vidyut uncomfortably shifted in his position.

"Well, it was probably you who failed to win. Are you sure you are fit for a king? You can always give your throne to Vidyut,"

"SARISHA!" the voice that was spoken by the huge, fixed feet plus a kilometre height man, left me thundering but before his body could provoke me, I was covered with Vidyut's back, while he met nose against nose with the king, 

"I work for you, Raja Sahab, your act of barbarity can rest over my shoulder, don't even think about hurting my wife," Vidyut spoke viciously,  the eyes of the parking lawn towards the Agnivanshi party all ran towards us.

He was challenging the king, he didn't stand for me last time, but this time he was holding onto my shield for me. I am unsure if I am moved from his act.

“Pussy whipped I see!”

“Respect! Raja Sahab! I would love it if you showed respect to my wife. Or -"

The King stomped a nose ahead, Vidyut, his eyes narrowing and his face scrunched, the wicked eyebrow raised and a jerk of chin, “Or what?”

Vidyut took a step back, “I have never disrespected the queen or chote hukum's wife. And if I am family, the rule should abide for my wife too? And the rule suggested utmost regard to the royal women.”

“But she is not Royal Vidyut. And you are not Royal either.” The man dared to continue.

“Maybe that is why we have basic manners? And a humane behaviour?" I spat from behind Vidyut. And Vidyut turned to see me from the corner of his eyes before going up front.