Epilogue 2

SARISHA

I stood at the pillar while he was dressed in his impeccable suit piece sprinting around in the open lawn with the responsibilities he had to bear for being a man and his overbearing habit of not letting me help with anything.

Even with the wedding planner present, anyone can second guess him for the title. I watched him talking so huskily with the traditional instrumental artists in the corner before being called the hurdle for the waiters and probably ordering them that every guest must be fed well. 

I mean, even if they aren't? I am sure if they are coming to Vidyut Daiwar's wedding they are capable of having food. I would have rather left all the entitled people suffer from hunger and gifted this feast to all the poor for the wedding.

"Bhavat!" I heard the voice calling me from behind, and I turned to face Manya. Her henna-inscribed hands filled till her upper arm, she said she liked heavy henna and her nails painted, dressed in her lehenga after her haldi ceremony in the morning and now the wedding in the evening.

She stepped towards me, holding onto her lehenga and her eyes glittering, she stood beside me and watched her brother shaking her head. "I told him, that even Somvarth doesn't want an enormous wedding but he wouldn't listen, now he doesn't even have time to breathe." She said and her eyes filled with tears watched her brothers. "Did he eat?" She asked me and I blinked turning my face to her.

"That is the first time you have asked about him eating?" I said in my bushes of memories from the days in this brother-sisterhood house. And she smiled,

"That is the first time I asked you if he has eaten! Or else, every night when Savitra comes with the glass of milk to see me? I ask her." She explained and I smiled. They both reflect the same love for each other, the only difference is Vidyut has always been aloft and hers was always inside. She couldn't express it openly.

"Don't worry, I will feed him well." I said coyly,

"Eww please bhavat!" I laughed at her remark and bumped my shoulder with her, "Don't act so saint now? It's you who is getting married tonight and will be having her suhagrat,"

She scrunched her face and shook her head, "Uhh, no!" She said and stepped aside towards her bedroom.
"Come, help me with the dressing!" She shouted while walking away. And Vidyut appeared down the step.

"That's your effect!" He said, my eyes resting on his.

"What?" He reached me, "She used to never talk with her back facing! You have made her such a -"

"Human? Yeah, I have. Anything else? Uncle?" I teased him, and he covered the two paces between us before he pitched his hands on either side of me, "Why? Not worried people are watching?" I asked him, and he twisted his head towards the people working, some eyeing us sideways, some trying to steal glances.

"Maybe? We can go on the backside by the porch swing? Nobody is there? Let me choke you?" He asked me, his eyes shining at me, a slow smirk approached my lips before he inhaled loudly, "Your sandalwood smell," He spat lightly before he dropped his hand, "I felt like a maniac with the urge to smell you on our suhagrat! My first guess was you would smell like baby powder for how young you are!" He teased me for the age and I  fake-laughed before he raised his hand and adjusted my dupatta on my shoulder.

"Porch swing?" He asked me and I  nodded before I held his hand and we stepped towards the patio. Where he twisted his hand in the air and the grahastyakar were all gone from here. He raised his brow with a smug smile and stepped towards me, sitting me down, with his hand on my neck, he slowly caressed my cheek with his thumb, his one leg jerking up on the partially swaying swing while he leaned forward and kept his lips on mine, under the deep patient of twilight above our head.