17. Deham

SARISHA

The heat between us was enough to burn his beautiful Haveli that I pretended to dislike. He held my waist tightly in his grip, my hands resting on his stubble, hurting my palm like a thorn, but it was a sweet pain.

Pain, that I wanted to feel with my whole face when I opened my eyes, he was already on mine. His lips under mine were a smile when I pulled back, his smile holding my mouth was pushed aside.

"Too smug aren't you? Daiwar?" I said, and he held my waist and twisting me around rested my back on his hardcore chest. His hand on my open waist, his rough hand's touch, felt tingling against my smooth skin.

"I guess something is misprinted, young wife. I am having inappropriate thoughts about you, I know my kiss for you wasn't inappropriate," His voice on my shoulders.

“Well, I love that,” I said and looked up to meet his gaze with my side-eye. “The thought of you suffering because of what I am,” I said and pushed my hair from my shoulders, flipping in attitude and he laughed.

“We are late,” I said but he didn't let go of me. “Sarisha,” He said in a heavy raspy voice. I looked down at his palm, kneading my open waist under his palm. His hands raised my heartbeat, while he kept his lips on my neck And a peck lasted on my bare skin, “I think I will have to leave the royals?" He suddenly uttered and I blinked, watching his hand but my head jerked instantly.

I assume he is going to let Manya have her date.

“Because if any of the members of our circle looked at you? I might just have to kill him.” He spoke before I could ask, and my throat went dry on his words. “Gorgeous! Everything about you is magnificent!” he said in his hard voice, and lips on his neck. 

I was under his hold, stone stilled, unsure of how to react. But he suddenly let go of my body, and his lips away. “We have to go now?” He announced and extended his palm my way. I looked at it a brief moment before taking it, and he respectfully holding only my fingers walked me outside.

He was driving the car, like a ritual. He opened my door and had me sit inside and ever since that day I had a bump on my head because of his hasty break, it was his task to put the seatbelt. He drugged his head at my level and handled the belt he pulled back, walked around and sat down quietly.

The ride was particularly silent except for the faint radio playing, probably on zero plus nothing. I stared outside before I turned back to him.

“Did Manya agree to your sick need to stay in power?” I said in my usual tone. And he turned his head narrowing his eyes at me.

"I saw you two talking earlier," I said simply to his look.

"It's not to stay in power, Sarisha. I know, the people from Jodhgarh have no boundaries and no reputations. Do you know, they set their daughters out in a parade and sell it to the dealer who offers the greatest money and land?" He told me. And I blinked staring at his face. He twitched his brow at my look and gave an acknowledgement nod.

What kind of people do that? They are their daughter! "But you said Somvarth is Jasvanthya's brother-in-law that makes his sister, Jasvanthya's wife?"

And he nodded, "Yes,"

"That means, he offered a deal too?" I asked him and he nodded again.
Wow, these royals are scary. "You see, the land around here? Are all owned by people with power mostly. And when land needs to be traded. You can not lure a dog replenished with bones with another bone, so..."

"Bone? Do you mean money? You can not offer more money for a piece of land to someone who is already rich?"

"Yes, that is why they use this kind of dowry exchanges and deals to grab their hands on things they need."