23. THE PARTY (Part 2)

VIDYUT

“Did your late-fiancé's boyfriend's murder case you were claimed for settled now?”
The conversation starters for Abhiraj, who wasn't aware of my and my wife's circumstances, would undoubtedly become the biggest disruption for me and Sarisha.

I held his gaze and a smile pulled on my lips, "Yes, the court sufficed with the fake evidence!" I continued the peaceful conversation with a demeanour and control.

Every sense in me screamed to turn around, to witness her face and her eyes, and wait for her blast, also for how much shame it would overlay in people's eyes for my Daiwar name, a man of power being stomped on by his wife.

I was between the see-saw of two things, one that wouldn't balance. Was my fear for how much it would destroy me and Sarisha? Or was it for how much it would destroy my power and Me?

It was once again, two things at stake those two things I never wanted against each other, and since the day I set the vermillion on her head? I have been processed between these two things.

A moment ago, I chose Sarisha.

And I am blankly staring while Abhiraj Agnivanshi and his wife, who was so pleasant and kind with not yet denounced Sarisha, left to attend to the other guests.

One..two...three... I waited for the blow-up, but she turned to me, "You see? That is how a head of family should treat everyone. You saw Taara Abhiraj Agnivanshi? Even with name, title and beauty? She showed me immense respect. I can't believe I am saying this but the Agnivanshi's are better than the Royals." She spat so causally.

I froze, did she not hear him? Did she hear the ex-fiance part?
"Uncle?" She called me out from my dazed state,

"Sarisha? No." I warned her, my eyes wandering around, and she just laughed.
It broke me to know if that laugh was a facade. Questioning myself, if her pretence is only limited to this party.

They waited and walked towards us with a tray of drinks, the party of politicians were more modern set up, compared to the royal set up in the manner of a ball, for Rajputs.

Instead of traditional musicians singing Maand, there were instrumental plays, a stage for dancing couples, circular tables and chairs, waiters and an open bar in the corner.

In our circle, we would have dancers to entertain, we wouldn't dance ourselves. And there will be waiters but they won't be serving flutes of champagne. They will be serving, traditional drinks or whiskey on rocks for men. No open bar, just the waiters.
And tables, but mostly chairs, to sit around, or divan on either side, the couches and sofa set.

My eyes set on a free table, and I walked towards there with Sarisha next to me, I waited for her blasts.
Oddly calm, she sat down, her eyes evaluating the entire party.

The woman Abhiraj Agnivanshi was married to was the daughter of those families who were mass murdered on the same day when my parents underwent the accident.

It was their factory, the Raajnandan's factory where my father used to work and he died because people were busy couching the king of Chandravanipur rather than my father.

I don't blame that girl though, she has been suffering in a brothel for the last decade. She has been serving as Chandravani Haveli's prostitute for the last ten years. I won't say it was Karma. Because Karma of blood's doing should never affect the child.

And she was too strong, she had brutally taken her revenge on every single man who had become her turmoil.  And she has even married one of them.

"Why didn't you go to the Agnivanshi's as a child when you wanted the job? Why the royals?" I heard Sarisha's question, and I turned and faced her.