Part Two, Chapter Seven

I sat in a room along with four other women. We were all tired and worn out. All our essence was disposed into the task of sealing up those bastards into the Chasm of the Dead. Death was nearing us and as the deity of life and death, I could feel it. These are informations that I somehow knew, yet I don't know how, it just came into my mind without me being willing to. Around us, everything was silent and not a single life was to be seen. It seemed as if we were isolated from everyone else, and what we're doing now cannot be seen or heard by others.

"Valerie, Sabrina, are the two of you completely confident that our reincarnation process would work out perfectly?" a woman asked.

I somehow replied without thinking, "Yes, Erin, Sabrina and I have worked out this process perfectly, there is nothing you need to worry about."

"Funny to think that we are going to get reincarnated for the second time into humans who betrayed us in the first place. Ironic isn't it?" another woman said.

"Vega, it was you who decided to reincarnate for our safety," Sabrina said in a flat voice.

"That does not mean I actually want to become a human, what choice do we have?" Vega argued.

I sighed without wanting to and thought, I wish that I could tell Erin that Sabrina and I have accidentally got the day of our reincarnation wrong. Lets just hope that we will be able to remember who we truly are. I felt sadness and hope from myself for some reason. Was this a dream?

***

"Wake up!" an annoyed voice disturbed my dream.

I opened myself and found myself leaning on Kai. At that instant my drowsy head cleared from my dream and I pulled myself away from him. "How long have I been sleeping?" I asked.

"Since the beginning of the ride. Just how tired are you?" Kai complained.

"You have no idea," I murmured while holding back a yawn. I recalled how my group and I were unable to find a good camping place. It was not the most pleasant thing to sleep on muddy surfaces. "Is there a river around here for me to bathe in? I don't want to be dirty when meeting your father."

"Yes, I can walk you there, but honestly does it matter? I will be asking my father to punish you for crossing to this place," Kai replied gruffly.

"What have I done wrong? How was I supposed to know not to come here?" I asked innocently. Kai shot me a dirty look and I smiled proudly while trying to get off the horse. To my dismay my legs fell asleep and I fell to the ground.

Kai sighed exasperatedly and scooped me up, "Lets go."

I tried to unwrap his arms around me but to my surprise, his thin arms were strong and firm. I groaned and laid unwillingly in his arms. To my relief, we reached the river sooner than I expected. Kai put me down, and my legs finally recovered their consciousness. I gasped at the sight. The trees around me were dead, and the ground was bare. The river was shallow, and my guess is that it won't even reach my waist.

"What happened?" I asked anxiously.

"It's due to the death of the deity of life Valerie," Kai replied to me in a quiet voice." Then he added sternly, "Now, you won't tell anyone about what I just said because I know that she will come back again after reincarnation, it's just a matter of time."

Reincarnation? My mind immediately flashed back to my dream. My dream felt so real, and what did the others call me again? Valerie, yes, they called me Valerie, the name of the deity of life Kai was talking about. Was there some connections between my dream and this deity? How will that be possible? My head was buzzing, voices filled my head, what was happening to me? Memories that felt like mine -yet I know for sure aren't mine- filled my head. My surroundings became fuzzy and it turned black. My head ached as I fell to the ground, unconscious.