Part Two, Chapter Ten

My eyes widened. Though it would make sense if it was true, after all it won't be a coincidence that the four of us just happened to have the key to enter the door. Perhaps Solemina and Naia were also deities. I shook my head. No way those two irresponsible gremlins were deities. I looked at Alizeh and noticed how tense she was. From her emotionless face I was able to tell that her mind was blank. Usually Alizeh is pretty good at controlling her emotions when outside, I've never seen her have a single outburst in public. However sometimes, and by sometimes I meant one time. She suddenly froze like this during an assembly. Alizeh fainted afterwards, and no one knew why. Even a person like me wasn't able to come up with a wild guess.

I shook her shoulders gently and asked, "Are you okay?"

She glanced at me and smiled slightly, "I'm fine. I just remembered something."

Trying my best to cheer her up, I joked, "Imagine if Solemina and Naia were also deities. That would be fun."

"Solemina and Naia? Indeed, they will be such responsible deities. Everyone will definitely love the chaos they will make," Alizeh said sarcastically.

Kai looked at us and said, "it's not impossible. From what my father had told me, Deity Vega the Deity of Fire and Deity Sabrina the Deity of Water were never as responsible as Deity Erin and Deity Valerie. They always cause trouble. However, they are definitely serious during public meetings." Kai made a shaken expression, "Don't tell them I said that," he added in a worried tone.

I chuckled. What did Deity Vega and Deity Sabrina do to make Kai look so petrified? I wonder what it would be like if Solemina and Naia really are deities. The drama they would cause everyday. Those two will definitely be a pain in the neck for Alizeh and I.

"Is there a way to tell if I'm a deity or not?" Alizeh asked calmly, but I could tell that she was as nervous as I was.

Just like me she must be having a hard time accepting who she really was. Or maybe I was thinking too much and she was just excited. Was I the only one who wasn't confident about who I was? Because if Solemina and Naia were deities I bet the only thing they would be worried about was how to not blemish their retribution while causing trouble at the same time.

"Well, Deity Erin did have a whip for weapons. But I'm not sure where she put it. Deity Erin preferred her physical strength instead of anything else," Kai replied unsureley.

The deities had weapons? I was honestly surprised. Who would dare to go against the deities? Even people who know how to wield elemental powers wouldn't dare, and even if they do, the deities' powers will be so much stronger than the others. What was the point of having a weapon? I looked at Alizeh, and she seemed to be thinking. She quickly took out something from her pocket. It was a folded silver hand-held fan. I touched it and the sharp edge of it almost cutted it. Alizeh pulled something from the end of that fan and a snake-like rope shot out. The rope almost touched me, but luckily Kai pulled me into his lap before I was hit. I was shocked when I recognized what Alizeh was holding. It was a whip!

"How?" I asked while pushing myself away from Kai's lap.

"You carry a knife around and I carry a whip. Why are you so surprised?" she said proudly while glowering at Kai.

"I mean how did it turn into a whip?

Alizeh smiled and showed me the bottom of that whip. I noticed that there was a cylinder shaped item in the middle of the flat blades Alizeh held on to. There was something else in that cylinder, but I couldn't tell what it was. Alizeh pulled that and the whip slithered into that cylinder. That whip once again turned back into a fan. I gasped and pulled it again. Just like before, the fan turned into a whip. The whip was about eight feet long. It seemed transparent when you held it toward the sun. The handle of the whip, which was also the blades of that fan, were tough and cold when you hold it. There weren't many patterns but it was still beautiful.