Part Two, Chapter Nine

As Kai and I continued walking, I noticed someone in front of us who seemed oddly familiar. The way she walked with confidence and how her pale hair matched the air around her.

"Alizeh?" I called out as I saw a familiar shape ahead of me.

When the figure didn't turn around, I called out for the second time, "Alizeh?"

This time the figure turned around and I was right when I thought the person was Alizeh. Alizeh smiled when she saw me and quickly walked towards my direction. She hugged me tightly and said, "I was so scared for you! I thought you were lost when I wasn't able to contact you."

I flashed a fake smile. I had forgotten that I had left my backpack at the doorway. If Alizeh learns about it...Alizeh is all about making sure she has the right things when she needs it. I'm afraid she would have a hard time if I told her I left my backpack.

To my dismay, Alizeh noticed that I didn't have a bag with me. She frowned and immediately changed back to its usual cold and serious expression. "You left your bag didn't you? Never leave your supplies behind. What if you get in trouble?"

I was about to protest but decided not to. Instead I turned to Kai who was next to me and introduced Alizeh to him. "Kai, this is a friend of mine. She was one of the girls who traveled with me," I explained.

Kai's face brightened and extended his hand to Alizeh. Alizeh however, wasn't as glad, she simply shot him a sharp look and turned towards me. "What did I say about strangers?" she asked.

"He is not a stranger. He saved me when I was in trouble," I lied.

I can tell that Alizeh did not believe me at all, but she didn't say anything else about him. Instead she asked me to tell her about what happened on my way here. My face brightened, I'm always excited to tell a story. I asked Kai to bring us back to his home and he did. Though this time we went to a different house. This house was smaller but definitely more safe looking. Unlike the previous house, this one actually had a lock on the door.

"Why did you bring us here?" I whispered to him. I did not need Alizeh to yell at me for trusting a "stranger" again.

"The previous house was my father's, this one is mine," he explained.

My jaws dropped. This whole time the old man I was criticizing was actually Kai's father? "You're not angry for calling your father a crazy old man?" I asked.

Kai looked at me in an expression I can't tell, "You've done worse."

I snorted and entered the little house. Inside the house was cozy. There were many plants decorating the window seals. I held back my urge not to go and touch them. Kai led us to a room filled with books. My eyes widened when I saw how many books there were. Every single book was fitted neatly but tightly in the bookshelf. I looked at Alizeh and saw her eyes sparkle as well. Kai pulled out a chair and gestured for us to sit.

I smiled and curtsied graciously. "Thank you, this is very gentlemanly of you," I said.

Kai rolled his eyes and said, "You're welcome. Make yourself at home. I don't mind at all."

I took off my cloak as I sat down onto one of the chairs, and noticed that Alizeh was staring at me in shock.

"Victoria, what happened to you? What are you wearing?" she gasped.

"It will be part of the story. Trust me, you will know everything," I said. I sighed knowing how tough this could be. Alizeh wasn't the easiest person to talk to.

Alizeh nodded and sat down beside me. I cleared my throat and told her everything that happened, excluding the truth about how I met Kai. Alizeh seemed more surprised every second as I told her what happened. Finally when I finished she asked, "You are a deity?"