Don't Sleep

"I need to know. Why do you call her Bluejay?" Jamie asked Nyles. They had all been doing their best trying to stay awake with him. While Britt and Penelope had failed to stay awake, Julia, Anna, Toni, Jamie and Kris were staying strong.

"Was actually my dads nickname for her. But it's kinda just stuck." Nyles said with a laugh as he carefully leaned back into Anna's legs. He was sitting on the ground while she was along the couch with Julia. The others had chairs they were all lounged on across from the three. When Anna's fingertips discreetly moved into his hair, running lightly along his scalp she could feel him lean into her more.

"Wait.... So how long have you know each other?" Jamie asked stopping his words momentarily.

"Getting close to five years now." She raised an eyebrow at them both.

"Yup dickheads over here is one of the reasons I'm still wrestling." Anna said as she patted the top of Nyles' head earning a quiet groan from him. "Sorry." She said under her breath to him before he carefully adjusted so his head could now rest along her knees.

"That long and just friends?" Jamie had long forgotten about her original question. They both laughed at her words.

"Just friends." Anna could feel all eyes on her as he said the words.

"Idiot brother I never wanted." Nyles laughed at her words. "But back to what she asked you. Tell her why you call me Bluejay." He chuckled a small smile appearing along his lips.

"You really want me to tell them." They all nodded at his words. Kris was biting back her laughter as she had heard the story many times before.

"Tell 'em Righty." He chuckled.

"Okay then...." He could once more feel her fingers along his scalp. He gently leaned back into the action as he began the story. "Back when we were training together she got a bug up her ass and decided that she wanted to keep practicing this one move. Well that consisted of her doing the fucking dancers kick in the corner over and over again. Now the old man thought it would be absolutely hilarious if instead of a pad I stood their and took it over and over again. Well after about the twentieth time of her slamming her ass into me he pipes up and says...." He looked over at Kris knowing she always did the perfect impression of Stuffy.

"Keep doing that and you're gonna give him blue balls Jay." Kris was doing her best to keep in her laughter as she said the words.

"Well naïve little idiot over here goes what did he say about a Bluejay? Before doing it again. Well this made everyone and I mean everyone fucking roll because there wasn't a person in that building that didn't hear what he said. So from there on out it became a running joke of Bluejay stop giving him blue balls when he'd force me into getting in the ring with her because he never wanted to bother Kris the prodigy child." They were all laughing at his words. For a moment his head fell back into Anna's lap his eyes meeting hers for a moment. He shot her a quick smile as she laughed lightly. The action didn't go unnoticed to Julia.

"And you still let him call you that?" Toni asked as she laughed.

"It's always fit to be honest. Plus it's a good joke. Used to get called queen of blue balls." Nyles couldn't help but laugh. Anna hit his shoulder getting him to stop.

"You did not start that...." Julia said as she looked at him. He was trying to keep a straight face but he couldn't.

"Look...." He tried to come up with a defense but he could see everyone's eyes on him.

"Oh you gave him blue balls." Jamie said matter of factly as she looked at Anna who was trying not to turn a darker shade of red.

"Nah. But I've seen her do it to others." He was trying to deflect but it wasn't working. They all knew he was lying.

"Wait so you and Kris have known each other for awhile right?" Toni asked before he nodded.

"Been about.... Fuck twelve years isn't it Kris?" Kris nodded.

"And you two have never....?" Julia trailed off as she saw Kris nod once more. "Wait.... You two have."

"Way back when, we dated for a bit." Kris said. Anna could see Toni and Julia watching her, but she had no reaction. She had known about Kris and Nyles past relationship for years.

"Was awkward as fuck lasted what a month before we both were like what the fuck are we doing." Nyles said as Kris laughed and nodded.

"You two ever fuck?" Jamie asked before they both shook their heads.

"Got close but never. That was when we both realized that it was never going to work." Kris replied. At the same time Nyles was leaning even more into Anna as his eyes closed. Kris grabbed an empty water bottle throwing it at him causing him to jump.

"Asshole." He said as he moved to lean back against Anna who flicked his ear. "Really...?" He asked as he looked behind him. She nodded a smirk along her lips.

"Next time I'm pouring water on you." He rolled his eyes at her words before he once more got comfortable against her legs.

"So if you and Kris are good friends yet have hooked up, why have you and Anna never?" Toni asked him.

"Kris and I dated like right when we first met then realized that we were a lot better friends than anything else. We're fucking too much like each other. As far as Anna and I, we've always been just friends." Anna nodded at his words knowing the others were watching her. But she couldn't help that her smile had slightly faltered. "Honestly like after everything with Kris it was so fucking awkward between us for months after it all that I wouldn't even want to try it...." All of the women were looking at Anna discreet smirks along their lips. "Would just be awkward if shit were to go south."

Anna was doing everything in her power to stay unreadable. Everyone knew what his confession had meant. He would date her but wouldn't want to mess things up.

"Not even one fuck..?" Jamie questioned. Anna's eyes shot to hers and she couldn't help the slight glare she was giving the British woman. "What it's just a question...." Nyles looked at Anna for a moment. When he turned back towards Jamie the three across from him could see the internal dilemma he was having.

"Would you leave them be about dating...?" Kris was changing the topic and Nyles eyes shot to her silently thanking her.

"Alright.... I'm sorry yous." Nyles and Anna nodded at Jamie's words. "I'm saying it though...." She said as she looked over at Kris. "They would make a cute couple." Annas eyes met Jamie's. Her next comment made them all laugh.

"And so would you and Toni but that'll never happen."