Hit the Mats

"Righty!" Kris jumped on Nyles' back as he walked into the training school. Though she couldn't train she had made a point to make sure she was there for his first day back there without his father. While Anna had tried to be there she had to go to an appointment for her ribs in Jacksonville.

"You're gonna kill your knee Kris." He commented as his hands moved to steady her along his back.

"My knees fine Nyles. How's the head?" He shrugged.

"It's getting better. Still getting the odd headache here and there. Can't bump. But least I'm here." His last words weren't convincing to her. She knew he was having an issue with being there. "Should start setting up for the classes."

"They've already got everything set up Righty. You sure you want to be here?" He slowly nodded. "Nyles...." He sucked in a breath as she saw him looking around.

"It's just weird Kris. Just doesn't feel right." The arms that were around his shoulders gently hugged him.

"I know Righty." She said quietly. His head fell slightly before she ruffled his hair. "He'd be happy you're here though." He nodded at her words. "Now come on. We all know you're gonna be running around so you might as well stretch." He nodded before walking over to one of the rings were here still on his back.

Nyles gently set Kris down on the apron before rolling in. As he stretched, she was keeping an eye on him. His usual smile was gone, his head down. The two stayed silent for the longest time before Nyles' phone rang. When he grabbed his phone to see who it was she could see a smile appear along his lips for the first time since he had arrived.

"What's up Bluejay?" Kris had to bite back her smile as she knew the reason behind his sudden attitude change.

"Sooooo...." Kris moved towards Nyles. When she appeared on Anna's phone screen the younger woman stopped to wave at her friend. "Hi Kris!" She said excitedly before her eyes were back focused on Nyles. "Okay Nyles. I need your help."

"Bluejay you gonna just say it or run us around in circles?" When she rolled her eyes he laughed at her. Julia appeared over Anna's shoulder and flicked him off.

"Would you let her fucking talk dickhead?" His hand went to his chest acting hurt.

"Wow.... Mean. Anna you wanna reign her in?" Anna's eyes met his.

"You wanna shut up so I can talk?" She sassed back earning another laugh from him.

"I'm shutting up. Talk. Got a class in twenty." She shook her head at him laughing lightly. She knew she was the only one that could've gotten him to answer the phone then.

"So.... I got cleared...." His eyebrow raised at her words. "And they want me in a feud with this one...." He nodded a smile along his lips as he did.

"Alright and...?" He asked her. He knew Anna better than anyone and knew when she had a plan.

"Well I may have mentioned to Kenny that you helped me prepare for the street fight and were bored...." Nyles bit the inside of his cheek as he looked at her.

"What did you do Bluejay?" Anna was biting back her excitement.

"I asked Kenny if you could help us with the matches and he said that he wants to give you full control of the first one to see what you could do...." All three women could almost immediately see the gears turning in his mind. He had mentioned to Anna, that Julia's character was absolutely perfect and that a feud between the both of them would be great. Best friends turned bitter rivals after one turned to the dark side.

"I might have an idea.... But there's kids coming so I'll have to tell y'all about it later." He said as he noticed more people starting to enter the building. "I.... Tell Kenny I said thank you and you both better be ready." He said with a smirk. Anna rolled her eyes.

"You know Anna told me what you said about me.... I think it's you that needs to be ready Righty." At that Julia reached forward before ending the call.

"She's going to murder you." Kris commented as she laughed.

"She couldn't break my toe if she tried. I'm not afraid of her." Nyles replied back before he saw Kris staring at him. "What...?"

"You just.... Righty I need to ask you something and I want you to be completely honest with me." He sucked in a breath at her words before nodding. "Do you have feelings for Anna?" His face was stoic and she could tell he wasn't going to answer. "You know I'm not going to say a word to anyone. Not even her. It's just.... We all see how you are around her. You can say all you want that it's because she's like a sister to you and blah blah blah but come on Righty we all know it's completely different with you both. You and me.... We're friends. Been there, done that, knew it wasn't going to work from the start. We are just that... friends and we act like it. Your picking on me is just that. You give me shit I give you shit we laugh about it and move on. But you two.... You basically flirt with her and she does the exact same thing back."

"It's not like that." His words weren't convincing either one of them.

"But it is Righty. You both are too fucking stupid to see it and admit it because you think it's going to make shit awkward. It was awkward between us because we were young dumb and thought why the fuck not but you're neither one of those things now. You and her.... That would be the easiest and smartest thing you could ever do." He looked at her shaking his head.

"It's not that simple Kris." He commented as he stood up. His hand extended towards her helping her off the mat.

"But it would be Righty. All you'd need to do is admit it to yourself then admit it to her." Nyles shook his head.

"I can't do that." His words confirmed what they both knew.

"Why not?" Nyles sucked in a breath looking into Kris' eyes before he spoke.

"Because if I fuck shit up I'll never forgive myself for it. And I can't lose her in my life."