The Mist

As Anna was stretching for her match she could see Nyles walking towards her and Julia. While she could tell he hated being backstage when he couldn't wrestle, she knew he was happy to be involved in some aspect.

"You sure you want me to hit you with the mist?" Julia asked Anna for the thousandth time earning a light chuckle from Nyles who was now next to them.

"I'm sure." The brunette confirmed.

"Just aim for the neck." He reminded Julia with a chuckle.

"That was one time." She commented earning a laugh from him.

"And it was fucking brutal. Like I'm being straight with you both it's not fun in the eyes. Not in the slightest. But if you're willing to do it, it'll look amazing." They both nodded at his words.

"Oh we're doing it." Anna stated while looking at Julia who nodded.

"But you've gotta end it quick because I don't want to have my ass chewed by Tony cause her face is stained." The blonde nodded.

"I know. I know. Hit her with it and roll up. I still think you're crazy for wanting me to do it." Anna simply laughed, she knew what she was in for.

"Let's just go put on a show." Julia nodded at Anna's words before the two hugged and they were called to go out.

The match went beautifully with both of them showing what they had to offer. Though Nyles had helped he knew that the majority of this was them just wanting to try new things and doing them until they mastered it with the other person. As the match wound down Kenny came over to Nyles.

"So how's it ending?" Kenny asked right as Julia threw a chair in. "Kid I told you no...." And that's when he saw it. The chair was the distraction for the mist. "Fuck kid...." Kenny was just about in awe as Julia perfectly hid what she had done with a beautifully timed roll up. "Oh that was fucking brilliant." Nyles couldn't help his laughter. "Righty, you've got a talent. You have fun with the No Holds Barred."

"Wait what...?" Kenny nodded before Nyles gave him a quick bro hug. "Thank you Kenny. Honestly."

"Kid you produce matches like that I'm not gonna have a job here soon. Should get injured more often so we can use that mind." Nyles laughed at the older man's words.

"I'd go insane without being able to get in there. But maybe one day I'll come for your job." Kenny started laughing, giving Nyles a pat on the shoulder before he left still chuckling. Nyles waited there for a moment before he saw Julia walk into gorilla. She immediately got his attention motioning for him to follow her.

"I got her in the fucking eyes at the tail end of it." Julia said once he was closer to her. He sucked in a breath at the end of her words. "Yeah I know...." She trailed off as Anna who was being helped back appeared in front of them.

"I've got her." Nyles said as he effortlessly lifted Anna off her feet. A groan escaping her lips as she kept trying to wipe the mist off of her face with a towel. "Yeah that won't work Bluejay." He commented as he carried her out of gorilla. Carefully she was set on one of the large storage bins they had lining the hallway before he grabbed a bottle of water he had in his pocket. "Close your eyes." When she did, he grabbed the towel she was holding, placing it under her chin before he poured water along her face. "It'll help for now but you've gotta see medical for the shit in your eyes." He said as he wiped what he could from her face.

"You didn't say it hurts this bad." Anna groaned as she shoved Nyles.

"But alas I did.... Come on Bluejay. I'll give you a lift to medical." As he spoke he turned around and she didn't even hesitate to climb onto his back. "Other than the eyes you both good?" They nodded. "Good because that was fucking amazing. Seriously. Y'all couldn't have done that any better." Anna's face buried into his shoulder as she nodded. Julia gave him a quick hug.

"Thank you. Couldn't have asked for better help. Hope Kenny lets you help with the next one." When Nyles chuckled they both looked at him. "No...." He nodded. "Fuck yes! I can't wait." She said before she happily walked off to the locker room.

"You alright Bluejay?" He asked as he carefully looked over his shoulder at her.

"I just want to get this out of my eyes Righty." He could hear the pain in her voice. Gently his hands moved to her thighs before he carried her on his back to medical. "I'm sorry if I stained your shirt." Anna said to Nyles after her eyes had been washed out.

"It's whatever." Nyles said as he looked over at Anna who was leaning standing right outside of the medical room. She was still blinking trying to get the pain to go away. "Come here Bluejay." As he took a step towards her, the second he was close enough she was leaning into him. His arms gently wrapped around her shoulders. "I'm sorry Bluejay." He said into her ear as he heard her begin to cry. He could tell that the burning in her eyes was getting to her. Carefully his hands moved to beneath her thighs before she was lifted off her feet. Her arms and legs wrapped around him as her face buried into his shoulder. He slowly walked back towards the locker rooms trying to give her time to compose herself.

As Nyles walked down a secluded hallway he stopped knowing Anna still needed some more time. He leaned against a wall, one of his hands moving from her thigh to gently run along her back. He sighed as she continued to cry, he was never good with crying, never knew the right thing to do. His arm gently wound around her midsection, hugging her lightly.

That was when for the first time his lips pressed against her cheek. She couldn't help the fact that she leaned into it. Her arms carefully tightened around his neck as his lips lingered for a moment.

"I'm okay Righty." The sniffle at the end of her words made them unconvincing.

"You sure about that Bluejay?" She nodded as her head carefully pulled away from his shoulder. Their eyes met for a moment before his hand came up to wipe a few tears away from her cheek. Her eyes were on his as his fingertips lingered along her skin.

The moment between the two didn't go unnoticed. Julia who had just left the locker room and was on her way out of the arena, stopped as she saw them. Just as Anna started to lean forward a door opened and shut loudly. Nyles cleared his throat, his hand quickly dropping. Their heads shot towards where Julia was before the two across from her instantly separated. The blonde looked between them for a moment turning bright red just as they did.

That's when Toni and Jamie appeared behind Julia. If there was ever a time Nyles and Anna could've disappeared they would've chosen right then and there.

"What's happened here?" Jamie asked a smirk along her lips. Nyles hands shoved in his pocket as he and Anna once again turned red. Anna looked at him for a moment before looking at the other three women. Without a word said she moved past them and disappeared down the hall and into the locker room. He stood there for a moment before turning and quickly disappearing.

"Nyles?" Kris questioned as he quickly walked past her. As he disappeared out of the arena door and into the parking lot she followed him, catching his arm before he could get into his car. "Righty the fuck is going on?" Nyles stared at Kris for a moment before spilling.

"She almost fucking kissed me."