You'll Be Okay

Y/N - Your Name
C/N - Crush's Name
B/F/N - Best Friend's Name
E/C - Eye Color

---------------------------------------------------------

"It'll be fine the game's just one out of the whole season," You said to yourself, pacing the hallway.

You had been walking back and forth for a few minutes now, having plenty of time before practice started.

"It's just a game it doesn't matter. You have a few more practices. God! Why am I so nervous?" You start to tear up, your breathing uneven.

You stopped pacing and backed up to a wall, sliding down and sitting against the wall trying to calm yourself down.

"Y/N?" You hear a familiar voice call out.

"Y/n?"

"Y/N!" You felt someone shake you.

The ringing in your ears you didn't know was there had faded away as you felt the person's hands on your arms. You looked up and saw C/N's concerned face.

"Hey dummy, you okay? You scared me there," He said, not even daring to fake a smile.

You just stared at him, tears you didn't even notice were there falling down your cheeks. You said nothing, just hugged C/N.

"H-hey you're scaring me now. What's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't know..." You croaked out.

Silence.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Yeah.." You reply, sniffling a little.

"What happened?" C/N gently asked, rubbing your back soothingly.

"I was thinking about the next game since it's a few days away. I started to overthink, and I guess I panicked," You say, voice barely above a whisper.

"It's gonna be okay, Y/N. I'm here whether you like it or not. You're never getting rid of me, dummy. Ever. I promise."

Your eyes poured out more tears, but this time you were happy and smiling. You looked up at C/N, who was concerned and confused as to why you were crying again.

"I don't ever wanna get rid of you C/N. As annoying as you are, I still love your company," You tell him, not realizing you said 'love'.

"Oh?" C/N smirked down at you, an eyebrow raised. "You love my company?"

"Oh hush. B/F/N told me something that I think you should hear," You say.

"And what did she tell you?" He leaned in close, faces mere inches apart.

"That someone from the boys basketball team likes me," You smile, leaning away from the male.

He frowned and huffed, thinking of all the boys and that he almost got to kiss you.

"Thank you for helping me out C/N. I have practice, but I'll text you after okay?" You get up and offer him a hand.

"Alright, just don't hurt yourself dummy," C/N took your hand and got up, ruffling your hair.

"Stop!" You giggle. "I won't hurt myself. Promise."

"Good. Talk to ya later Y/N," He said as he walked away.

"See ya loser!" You joke, going your own way.

"You'll never know how much I love you," C/N said to himself under his breath, a little disappointed in himself for not making a move.

"I love him....but GOD! Why can't I tell him?" You ask yourself once you were sure he was gone.

You smiled to yourself, the only thing you can think of was how he helped you instead of just passing by.

---------------------------------------------------------

Apologues for the short chapter, I was not able to come up with a lot of ideas, but wanted a different ending where Y/N and C/N don't kiss.

Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed, feel free to leave a vote and add this book to your library!

As per usual, requests are open!

Bye!

(620 Words)