You'll Be Okay - Part 2

Y/N - Your Name
C/N - Crush's Name
B/F/N - Best Friend's Name
C/B/F - Crush's Best Friend's Name
F/N - Friend's Name

---------------------------------------------------------

It was almost the end of the game.

The one you had a panic attack about.

The one C/N comforted you about.

The one where you were gonna tell him that you like him.

"YEAAAAAAAAAH LET'S GO Y/N!!!" You could hear B/F/N's voice from the bleachers.

You just chuckled and shook your head, turning your attention the ball. Unbeknownst to you, a certain someone had his eye on you the whole game, making sure you're okay.

The play started and you jogged to the enemy net, waiting for a pass. You waved to your teammate, who just so happened to be F/N. They passed the ball to you and you caught it, immediately starting to advance defensively.

You swerved around a few players, making your way up the court to the basket. You got the perfect line-up and went for a three pointer. The buzzer went off right as you threw the ball.

The crowd stood up in the stands, almost in slow motion as they watched the ball soar.

And it went in!

Your team and the crowd all jumped up, erupting into cheers and yells. Your teammates all ran up to you and surrounded you, ecstatic about the final play.

You were lifted above your team's heads as you were carried to the sidelines, making you laugh. Once they set you down, the student section swarmed you, congratulating you and giving high-fives.

After a few minutes, the students let you breathe as they started to file out of the gym. You spotted B/F/N and F/N and ran over to them, hugging them tightly and smiling.

"Gurl you did so good! How'd you make that last shot?!" B/F/N asked, stars in their eyes.

"Yeah, that was awesome!" F/N cut in.

You just smiled and shook your head, "I don't know, but I just threw it like my life depended on it."

The three of you all laugh and celebrate. After a second, the two leave and promise to text you. You watch them walk off as you grabbed your water bottle.

"Well, wasn't that impressive?" You hear behind you.

"C/N! Hi! You really think so?" You turn around and ask.

"Well yeah! I mean, c'mon. I've never seen anybody else make that shot before." The male smiled down at you.

You were about to say something when C/B/F chimed in, "Hey good job Y/N! I'll see ya tomorrow C/N."

You just chuckled as C/B/F walked off. You look at C/N, and he just shrugs his shoulders, smiling a little.

"Thanks, by the way. For the other day." You blush a little, putting a hand on your cheek.

"O-oh yeah. No problem. Anyone would've done the same," C/N looked away, rubbing the back of his neck.

Your smile lessened a little at his words, and you sighed, "Well I guess I should head to the locker room and change. See ya C/N."

"Oh...yeah sure. See ya." C/N's face fell as you walked away, his heart feeling like it's being squeezed.

--------

"Stupid, stupid, stupid. Gah, why would he like me? Why did I ever think that?" You cursed to yourself as you changed. "He probably likes some other girl..."

You sighed and when you were done changing, you headed out of the locker room and started walking down the hall.

Your eyes started to tear up, vision blurring as you neared the doors.

"Y/N! Wait!" You heard his voice call out to you.

You turned around right as he reached you, accidentally falling from the scare. You grabbed onto him and pulled him down with you, landing on his stomach when you both hit the floor.

"Fuck...are you okay?" C/N asks you, concerned.

"I'm fine," You reply, refusing to look at the male.

You didn't want him to see your watery eyes.

"No, no you're not," He gently said, placing a hand on your cheek and turning your head to face him.

"C/N..." Your voice breaks, tears starting to fall.

"C'mere. I'm sorry if I hurt you. And I mean from earlier too." C/N holds you tight, his head on top of yours.

It hurt him to see you cry. It made him feel guilty whenever you were hurt. Especially when he caused the pain.

"Can I say something?" He asked you, playing with your hair.

"Y-yeah.." You respond, now only sniffling as his playing with your hair calmed you down.

"I like you Y/N. Wait, scratch that. I love you. I love you so much it hurts. I didn't know how you'd react so I kept it a secret."

You looked up at him, your mouth slightly agape. After a few moments, your face burst into happiness. You hugged him tight and smiled.

"I love you too," You say, letting him go and smiling brightly at him.

C/N smiled lovingly and grabbed your face, kissing you. It felt like Heaven had opened its gates to you. You kissed back and melted into his touch.

When it felt like you couldn't breathe anymore, the two of you separated, panting.

"I wanna kiss you again," C/N said after a moment of silence.

"Then kiss me like you mean it," You answer.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

As always, leave a vote if you enjoyed this one, and see you next time!

Bye!

(947 Words)