Hockey Honey

Y/N - Your Name
C/N - Crush's Name
B/F/N - Best Friend's Name
T/M - Team-mate's Name
Y/T - Your Team's Name
E/T - Enemy Team's Name

---------------------------------------------------------

"Let's go Y/T!" The student section chanted, clapping. "Let's go Y/T!"

You and your teammates break out of your huddle and get into formation, awaiting the start of the play. As soon as it started, your mind went blank. Laser focused on the puck.

Your team was getting closer to the goal within seconds, almost ready to send the puck in when the other team stole it from right under T/M's nose.

"Damnit," You curse under your breath, heading towards the enemy player who has the puck.

As soon as you got close enough, you swipe the puck away and swiftly turn, spraying up ice shavings. You start skating hard, heading towards the goalie and at the right moment, you send the puck flying in, scoring for your team.

"YEAH!" You yell, skating over to your teammates and hugging them.

You go over to the box to get a drink, stepping off and taking a bottle from C/N. He had insisted on coming to your games, and has never missed one.

"M'lady needs water, huh?" C/N smiled, watching you.

You set the bottle down after a second, "Yup. Thanks C/N!"

You smile at him before jumping back onto the ice, getting into formation quickly. The play swiftly started and the puck headed towards the enemy goal, T/M passing the puck to you.

You were about to shoot the puck at the goal when a player from E/T slammed into you, making you fall. Your back hit the ice first, your head following shortly. You could feel your head bounce before your vision blackened.

You opened your eyes and tried to sit up, your teammates surrounding you asking if you were okay.

"...shit...." You mutter under your breath.

Your team helped you up and carried you to the box, C/N rushing over to you and looking you over to check for injuries. You could see his mouth moving as he took off your helmet, jersey, and padding.

The only problem was that you couldn't hear him. All you could hear was ringing. Ringing endlessly. Ringing getting louder and louder. It hurt your head so much to the point you just slumped yourself onto C/N, resting your head on his chest.

The thumping of his heart brought you back to reality, the ringing slowly fading away.

"Y/N? Can you hear me?" You could finally hear him.

"Yeah," You croak out, groaning as he moved you off of his chest.

"You had a pretty bad fall, Y/N. You scared me," His eyes were threatening to spill tears you didn't notice were there.

"I'm sorry..." You look down, tearing up.

"Hey, look at me Y/N," C/N requested, gently tilting your chin up. "It's not your fault. The refs reviewed the footage and talked with some players. The other team is at fault, okay? Not you."

Your tears fall from your eyes as you hug your crush. His words made you realize you could've gotten hurt way worse.

"I'm so sorry C/N. I should have been more careful. If I had seen what the other players was gonna do I-" You start.

"Y/N. It is not. Your. Fault. Do not ever think or say that that was your fault. Ever. Okay?" C/N said sternly, trying not to snap at you.

C/N would never tell you, but he wanted to punch the person who caused your injury. He wanted to disqualify the other team.

C/N hated seeing you hurt. It broke his heart. All he wants is to protect you. You didn't know it yet, but C/N thought of you as his already.

"Thank you C/N," You sniff.

C/N's eyes softened as he looked at you. Oh how you had stolen his heart, just like you had stolen his puck the first practice game against him.

The male wrapped his arms around you, craddlijng your head against his chest gently.

"I'll take care of you, dummy." He promised, rubbing your back.

"I'm not a dummy, dummy." You smile up at him.

"Suuuuuure," C/N smirked.

"Heyyy!" You playfully gasp, lightly hitting him.

He smiled and chuckled at you, building up the courage to lean in close.

Your eyes went wide when you realized what was happening, connecting your lips to his. His hands glided up to your neck, holding the sides lovingly.

The two of you separated after a minute, smiling at each other. That's when you two heard your whole team cheering for you, banging on the glass.

"Guess they we're waiting for that, huh?" C/N asked you.

"Shut up," You say as you kiss him again.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading! This chapter was a bit harder to do because I don't play hockey or watch the games.

If you enjoyed, feel free to leave a vote!

As per usual, requests are open.

Bye!

(855 Words)