I'm Sorry - Angst

Y/N - Your Name
C/N - Crush's Name
B/F/N - Best Friend's Name
C/B/F - Crush's Best Friend's Name
F/N - Friend's Name
C/E/N - Crush's Ex's Name

(Put your seatbelts on cause this one's a longer chapter!)

---------------------------------------------------------

You had been talking to C/N for a while now, though you'd never moved past friends. That's why when you found out he'd gotten a girlfriend, you were heartbroken to say the least. All of your time spend together went to waste.

. . .

"It'll be okay, Y/N. There's plenty of fish-" B/F/N started.

"There's plenty of fish in the sea. I know..." You say. "But why did this one have to hurt me like this?"

"Sometimes that's just how it is," F/N placed their hand on your shoulder.

. . .

Your friend group had found out what happened rather quickly, instantly coming to your side to comfort you. You have to admit, their efforts are heartwarmingly kind, but in that moment all you had felt was sadness.

After a month, C/N and his girlfriend called it off, their relationship quickly getting rocky.

. . .

"Hey Y/N," C/N greeted you.

"Hey," You reply quietly.

"Hey babe," C/N kisses C/E/N's cheek, smiling.

"..." C/E/N doesn't respond.

"What's wrong now," C/N sighs, clearly irritated.

"Oh I'll tell you what's wrong! No call last night, spending the weekend with "the boys", and saying hi to that whore before me," C/E/N snaps at him.

You were about to say something when C/N interrupted.

"Do NOT call her a whore! She's the kindest person I know! And I fell asleep as soon as I got gome yesterday. You know I had work! I was at C/B/F's house over the weekend, ask him if you want," He fights back, getting angry.

"Fine then! You can fuck your slut and I'm leaving! We're done, C/N. Done!" C/E/N practically screams, picking up her things and storming off.

You waited for her to be fully gone before attempting to talk to C/N.

"Are you okay?" You timidly ask, not sure how he'll react.

"I'm fine! I don't want to talk to anyone right now so please just leave," C/N runs his hands through his hair and over his face.

"Are you sure? I just want to make sure you're-" You start.

"I'M FINE! JUST LEAVE!" C/N yells at you, pointing to the door.

You jump at his voice level, starting to tear up as you quickly gather your things and leave. Your eyes turned into waterfalls the farther you got from C/N.

. . .

After that, word had spread around of what had happened. Some people were on C/E/N's side, but most were on C/N's.

Your friends were PISSED when you told them about the altercation between you and your crush.

Crush.

At the time, you didn't know if you should've called him that or not.

. . .

"Y/N, he yelled at you. Yelled! For no reason!" F/N tried to reason with you, holding onto your arms.

B/F/N placed a hand on your shoulder, saying, "I know you like him, but you need to know if he's gonna hurt you or not. I think you two would make a great couple, but you gotta move on if he continues to treat you like this."

All you can do is nod and wipe the tears from your eyes.

. . .

You had given C/N a few months to cool down, which he did. After a week he apologized to you for yelling at you, but you were still cautious.

. . .

"Y/N," C/N started. "About that argument-"

"What about it?" You butt in, getting nervous.

"I still feel terrible. I never should have yelled at you. I was just so mad about what C/E/N said about you and-"

"She's probably right..." You comment quietly, but apparently it was loud enough for C/N to hear.

"Why would you say that..?" C/N asks you, brows furrowed.

"Because that's how I feel! I feel like a horrible person because I ruined your relationship. I got in the way, again. I made something bad happen, again. It never changes!" You start to cry.

"You didn't ruin anything! You never EVER got in the way! Why do think you do?" C/N is concerned, now reaching out to grab you.

"BECAUSE I HATE MYSELF!" You shout, just out of C/N's reach.

"..what?" This makes C/N stop, now more concerned than ever.

"I hate myself!" You start sobbing. "I hate that I break people up. I hate that people get to be in relationships all the time! I hate the way she had all your attention. I hate the way I wished you would look at me like you looked at her. I hate the way I like you, even after everything. I hate that I still, somehow don't hate you."

A long moment of silence passes between the two of you. You turn to leave but before you can take a step, a pair of strong, warm arms wraps around you.

"I'm sorry you hate yourself. I'm sorry you believe those thoughts about yourself. I'm sorry I didn't give you the time of day. I'm sorry I didn't pay attention to realize you liked me back then," C/N gently says, running a hand up and down your back, the other tangled in your hair.

You silently cry into his shirt, wrapping your arms around him.

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you this sooner. I love you, Y/N," C/N closes his eyes and furrows his brows as a tear falls.

The two of you stay in a quiet hug for what seems like hours, just processing everything that went on. After a minute, you break the hug and look up at him.

"I love you too, ya jerk" You sniffle, smiling as you look up at him.

C/N chuckles at this, gently grabbing the sides of your face and bringing you into a long-needed kiss.

Turns out all you needed was an arguement to get through each other's thick heads.

---------------------------------------------------------

Boy, that was a long chapter!

Anyways, thank you all for reading! If you enjoyed this chapter, leave a vote!

Requests are open! Please DM or comment with ideas!

Bye!

(1,070 Words)