1. The Beginning and the End.

---

The village of Fuhukkae (fuu-hu-gae) was a small village nestled at the foot of the Yoh mountain range that divided the country in half. It was an area of great rainfall, flourishing in natural resources, rich soil for farming, and held a warm fall-like climate where humans lived in abundance. The village's thriving economy of overseas trade and commerce had long since made the land prosperous.

The villagers themselves weren't wealthy by any means, however, they were comfortable living as they did, having enough to support their families. That said, the streets were always crowded with bakery shops, pubs, and markets. If you walked down them you'd see farmers and merchants selling their goods, and children running amok in pursuit of each other as there was little traffic.

Some of the villagers volunteered to help construct new buildings and everyone worked hard to ensure that they had enough to keep their families healthy throughout their lifetimes. In short, life was good, and that's how it should always be. Some foreign visitors called Fuhukkae "home". While tourists called it a great place for "shopping or sightseeing". And others, they called it "paradise." Paradise: a place of bliss, felicity, or delight—that would be forever lasting, where they could always come to when they desire, filled with nothing but peace and tranquility.

However, there's no such thing as paradise in this world.

Everything nice comes to an end at some point, and that happens when people grow tired of everything and start searching for something else to fill their time and lives. Things were too easy, too calm, too serene. Things became predictable and boring, and therefore their carefully-built society started falling apart. The villagers stopped looking for the good in their lives, and began looking for what was left in the wreckage. All sorts of troubles started to crop up—wanting change, wanting more. And—oh, there was always a need for more. The urge for territory became stronger, the yearning for the unknown intensified, and the desire for newfound power grew.

War became an everyday thing as monarchies rose up; governments fell apart, villages fought each other tooth and nail, and the world lost all sense of order in its quickly-becoming chaotic nature. There were soldiers marching back and forth through the streets, bandits lurking on the mountain trails, and foreign enemies attacking without restraint. War was their life, and for decades to come the people of Fuhukkae never knew a day of peace. Around every corner, there were always battles, raids, and skirmishes to take place.

What was once propriety and tranquility became a living hell, tainted with curses and greedy people that sought nothing but control. And it was a foolish change, some thought after many years–those who know when to stop and when to leave, because it was just too much trouble. For those who knew better, it was a matter of survival and luck of not getting involved.

The wars were becoming to be a little too much for the people. Families were injured from houses set alight or were caught in violent collisions—fathers and brothers who were drafted came back dead, heavily injured, or went missing. People were being killed, taken hostage, and many women and children died from the illnesses that came along with the war. The air smelled of smoke and death, and the moans of dying animals echoed off the mountainsides. But even amidst this realization and regret to trade the paradise they once had for such vulgar greed--there was nothing anyone could do.

The villagers didn't have access to higher-up weapons like the soldiers, the money, weapons, or strength to stop this madness due to it all being used for the battlefield. They needed overseas assistance, medical personnel, and most of all they needed someone of high power—anyone that could come correct the mess that they'd created. And therefore a "God" showed up. However, not the type that is related to the Greeks, has four arms, parts the seas, or the power to control the dead.