8. Curiosity Killed the Cat

//Suggestive themes? A disclaimer I guess - I have absolutely no idea who "Niki" is from enhypen. He was voted on to be in this chapter, though. I don't know his personality, not much of anything. In this chapter he's purely written just as a troublesome character from my imagination.)

(Forgot to ad kitchen ref)

Once they reached the mansion Hyun-Jin finally put him down, though only to hold his hand and pull him along next. They passed through the corridor, the living area, the library, and then past the dining room, they always ate in before stopping at a door at the end of the hall. "I was thinking that since you have so much time to run around, maybe you also have time to bake some of your desserts for me, even allow me to learn your ways. You are a baker, correct?" Hyun-Jin asks then, tilting his head curiously although he already knows the answer.

"I am," Felix answers. "Not the best in the village...but I guess well known?"

"Well-known or not, I'm sure whatever you make is tasty, love. Just like how I think you are, awfully sweet like honey, then bitter like chocolate, but tasty." He says.

"Tasty? Me? Where did you get that from?"

"Simply by kissing you." He answers briefly, but there's more to it he doesn't say. "I'm sure you'll become sweeter when I devour you, however."

There's that word again. Devour. He's heard it so many times from the Gumiho and those around him that it scares him down to the bone, leaving him shivering, uncomfortable, and filled with the overwhelming urge to double over and puke, especially with how Hyun-Jin always puts it. His eyes always have that certain feral type of look, void of anything but amusement and lust. He seems almost excited every time he mentions it, contrasting how creeped out Felix is.

Because again, Devour. It has no other meaning than to eat greedily and ravenously so that nothing remains. Therefore, in his case, it could only mean devouring something or someone...like him. The main question is in which way, however? How will he be devoured? Does Hyun-Jin want to eat him alive - with a dash of salt or pepper? Or, or does he—

"Are you alright, love?" Hyun-Jin speaks up again, snapping him from the terror his mind is in. "You seem troubled."

"Yes, I suppose, I'm just thinking about some things."

"Well, those 'things' are nothing you need to worry your pretty little head about. I'm not interested in swallowing the flesh of a human." Although that was to assure him, it only made Felix's stomach churn. His grip was faltering where Hyun-Jin still held his hand, shaking even.

"So you won't eat me? Like...a real beast?"

"Never. It pains me you'd think so because there's a much better way to go about devouring you and the self-resentment you hold,"

"And what is that?"

"Curious, are we? So you've never known the way a Gumiho chooses to devour their lover?" Hyun-Jin muses. There's a grin pulling at his lips as he leans forward, taking Felix's hand and squeezing it in a comforting way. "It's nothing quizzical or complicated, nothing entirely revolting, either. When I say devour, I only mean to have you in bed if you accept my love by the time of the ceremony. Only then you'll be truly sweeter, allowing me to ruin you and then spoil you rotten after. It's a term we use to express our desire for our lovers, though it may seem barbaric to you humans."