9. Tainted.

//blood mentions, may be disturbing. animal death?

"Do you think you can repeat what you said to me earlier?"

Felix heard a familiar voice - Hyun-Jin's, of course - and as he glanced down at the large fox he was just petting seconds ago, wondering how he could talk, he saw Hyun-Jin in his normal, human-like form resting on top of him. His head was on Felix's thigh in the same position before he transformed, and once he realized his hand was still threaded in Hyun-Jin's hair, he removed it abruptly. Hyun-Jin chuckled lightly at that, sitting up on his arms and moving next to his side to lay with him properly. Felix didn't move away this time as Hyun-Jin wrapped his arm around his waist, holding him close.

"So?" The Gumiho prompted, staring at Felix expectantly with a certain shine to his eyes.

"I don't understand what you want me to say. What are you talking about?" He questioned because he doesn't. He said a lot of things earlier, really, like how he was "sorry" and wanted to wallow in the room once he was sent away. Like how he said he wouldn't cry and would go back to being silent and hidden like he was supposed to be. Like how he requested Hyun-Jin comfort him in an unusual way, too. He said a lot of things, so that's it.

"Earlier, you said you loved me," Hyun-Jin answered.

Oh. Of all things - that? Felix pressed his lips together. Is he really dwelling on that confession? it wasn't even wholeheartedly, said in a confused, shy type of way - and Felix is still unsure about his feelings for the Gumiho, but he knows more than ever that's just an excuse; A simple exempt so he can stay oblivious to what's going on inside him just a bit longer. Because he knows exactly what his feelings mean and what his heart wants. He knows, he knows, he knows and it all yearns for Hyun-Jin. But then why is he denying it? Is it because he's scared of the unknown? Frightened to let go of himself and the views he's always had? Of the unknown future and his sisters' reactions? No, maybe. Yes, maybe not. It's a mix of emotions and he's caught in a storm that will only pass when he comes to terms with everything. Therefore he has to acknowledge it, at least.

"I did," He said then.

"So tell me again, please." Hyun-Jin insists. "It's the first I've heard you say it back."

But Felix wants to be difficult. "I don't know if I want to," He says.

"Angel," Hyun-Jin whines slightly, his lips pressing into a line.

"Do I have to?"

"Not necessarily. You don't if it makes you uncomfortable, at least. But I really want to hear it again."

Felix bites his lip in consideration, contemplating whether or not to give him an answer. He doesn't have to, like he said, therefore he also doesn't have to muster up the courage to say it again, confessing once more, even if it's a bit...not the right place? formal? Something like that, he thinks. And yet as Hyun-Jin looks at him desperately; excitedly too if the way his ears are perked up and his tails are waving about is any indication - he can't help but give in.

"Okay," Felix says with a slow nod. "I love you...Hyun-jin." He manages, cringing at how the words leave his tongue, hesitant and stuck. "With that, I will admit I do feel something for you. A lot, actually, but I still need a bit of time...just to come to terms with it. Is that alright?"

"It is," Hyun-Jin smiles. "I'll give you however long. Just knowing you feel something is enough, and I couldn't be happier hearing those words."

Felix smiles back at that, a fluttery feeling of warmth filling his chest and spreading throughout his entire body. He feels happy too, so overwhelmingly, unbelievably happy. A feeling unlike anything Felix could ever remember feeling before in his life, besides (maybe) when his father was still alive.