~ 20 ~

"There must be a blue moon tonight because there's no way in hell we're about to have this conversation."

To double check, I lean to the side to look out of Bailey's window. I see the dark, plain night sky. The city's pollution masks away the star glazed canvas, only allowing the moon to be displayed; a moon that is not blue. "Um, nope. We've got ourselves a silver moon tonight."

"So we're not about to have a discussion of secrecy that we've kept from each other?" Bailey questions, subconsciously squinting her eyes. It's a habit of hers when she's confused and in need of clarification.

"Actually, we are," I reply back. Still sitting on the ground, I reach over and grab one of the couch cushions. I take the big soft pillow and bring it close to me, wrapping my arms tightly around it like it's one of my many plush toys. I hug the pillow tightly, lingering longer than necessary in comfort.

How, in all that makes scientific sense, can I start this conversation?!

The answer: nothing.

I have no idea how.

"So," Bailey begins, letting the one word sink into the air. She also has no clue what to say .

"So," I say too, resting my chin on top of Bailey's sky blue cushion. Maybe if I bury my head into the pillow, all my problems will go away and I'll forget everything temporarily. Then again, maybe that's not such a good idea. Not like short term amnesia would do me any good anyway.

"You knew about Chasity?" Bailey asks.

"Would we be having this talk if I didn't?" I ask back jokingly, trying to lighten the mood.

It works because Bailey cracks a smile. Sitting on the couch opposite to me, wearing a pair of jogger sweats and a loose long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up to her elbow, Bailey is pulling off the tomboy look. She's always loved dressing up in men's clothes. The best part though is that she pulls it off.

Bailey actually looks like a dude; a handsome one too.

I can see why Chasity has the hots for my best friend.

"No, I guess not," Bailey scratches the back of her neck nervously. "You're not mad at me, are you?"

I keep my emotions in check, maintaining neutral ground. "Mad?" I ask, sounding genuinely lost. "I'm not mad. I'm furious." Bailey's faces turns pale at the sound of my calm voice. Her body goes rigid, awaiting the storm that is my fury.

Except, there isn't any fury under my stable expression. The only emotion I'm trying so hard to contain is my humor. Bailey's worried reaction doesn't help whatsoever. She appears so scared that I'm starting to wonder if she's going to pee her pants. That would be hilarious and my reaction to that shows just how great of a friend I really am.

I can't be the only friend that finds amusement at my friend's embarrassments, right?

"Shit, Zada! I'm sorry, okay! You gotta forgive me!" Bailey pleas urgently. She runs a hand through her hair, tugging at her gorgeous brown locks rather harshly. "You have no idea how badly I wanted to tell you but I couldn't break my promise to Chasity." My close friend attempts to give me an explanation but I couldn't hold it in any longer.

I broke out laughing the loudest I have in a while. My laughing fit scares the living daylights out of Bailey. She jumps in shock and topples over the couch, landing smack on her bum right in front of me. The entire falling process was too funny to watch. One moment, Bailey is on the couch looking so scared that would make any horror actress envious and then the next, Bailey is on the ground, confused as to how she got there.