~ 27 ~

"Are you sure this is my size?" I ask skeptically, glancing at my reflection for the fifth time, inspecting the person I'm seeing. Sporting a mint green silk dress shirt tucked into a black pencil skirt, the person in the reflection resembles a woman instead of a teenage girl. I frown at the girl, not caring that I'm frowning at myself. This girl is not me. I don't wear clothes that reveal my boobs, what little that I have and I most certainly never wore pencil skirts. I didn't even know what they were until today.

The skirt looks and feels a little bit on the tight side. I didn't know how to stand with the skirt on. I keep switching my weight from one leg to the other, unsure how to rest my legs. It didn't help that whenever I move an inch, the annoy skirt rides up my thighs, becoming way too short for my liking.  

To say I feel uncomfortable is an understatement. I want my sweatpants back and pronto. 

"For the last time, yes," Chasity sighs, "now keep on walking." 

The two of us were stuck in the middle of a busy sidewalk on a chilly winter afternoon. If it weren't for the light grey coat I wore over my outfit; I'd have hypothermia by now. I barely managed to walk at the inside of the sideways where I caught my reflection in one of the store's windows. So that's why Bailey and Chasity refused to let me look in the mirror back at Bailey's apartment while they dressed me. They didn't want me to freak out at my foreign self. 

"Relax, they're only eight inches," Chasity calmly reassures me while walking smoothly in front of me in taller shoes. 

"They're stilettos?!" I shriek, having to stop briefly because I can't walk and talk at the same time with these mega high heels on. 

I hear Chasity sigh. "They're only eight inches. You'll be fine."

I scoff. "By fine, you mean I'll walk away at the end of the day with a twisted ankle. Or ankles. If I can walk, that is."

Chasity glanced over her shoulder to give me an 'I don't care' look. She was also sporting fancy attire but compared to me, Chasity was flawlessly rocking the look. She wore a knee-length black coat with a ruby red long dress shirt and dressed pants that flared over her high heels. To say I was intimidated by the sight would have been an understatement. Chasity looked like an executive rather than a high school girl. She could have easily been mistaken for someone in her twenties, and I bet any bouncer would let her into any club without checking ID. 

I suddenly had the urge to take off my shoes and abort this mission altogether. 

"We're here," Chasity announces and my plans to run away go down the drain.

Up ahead of us stands the grand Purity tower. With roughly two hundred floors and over ten thousand workers, the Purity tower stands its ground among the other tall skyscrapers in New York. However, this building excels in its security. Its swarmed with motion detectors, security cameras at every corner, and its computers are supported by the fastest networks and guarded by one of the most impenetrable firewalls. 

And Chasity and I are going to casually sneak into the Purity's off-limit floors of the tower. Pretending to me two AP students from some prestigious boarding school in some random state; I think Bailey picked Ohio when we were all working out the details. Nonetheless, the plan seemed simple enough. Get into Purity and map out as much of the building as possible and figure out the connection between Rapax and Malinda Chang. Then, Chasity and I would rendezvous with the rest of the Super Trio and Bailey back at Bailey's apartment. We'd discussed the floorplans and lay out a plan. Afterwards, the SuperTrio would break into Purity in the night.

Easy, right?

Not!

"This was a bad idea," I mumble to myself as Chasity and I get closer to the tower.