~ 28 III ~

~Part Three and the Finale~

Fortis, Double M, and Invisi-Girl jumped out of the way, avoiding Rapax's attack. 

Chasity landed hard on the floor, making Bailey whimper out of worry. I rested my hand gently on Bailey's shoulder to offer her support, but in truth, I was gripping onto Bailey to remind me that everything I was witnessing was real. 

At the front of the camera, the ebony panther scrutinized the scene, picking out his first target while the super team gathered themselves. Rapax noticed Chasity and immediately decided to take her out first. Chasity didn't have any abilities, and even with her invisible suit, Rapax would be able to smell her. 

Bailey screamed just as Rapax pounced on Chasity with his claws extended and jaw opened wide. "No!"

As Rapax was in midair, a second away from killed Chasity, a white tiger tackled the black beast, forcing it down to the ground and away from Chasity. Bailey sobbed in relief, but I held my breath, watching Reece struggling against Rapax. 

In the distance, I caught sight of Fortis making his way to Zero and Melinda, but Zero shook his head playfully. "I'd help your teammate if I were you."

Meanwhile, the white tiger tried to keep the panther pinned against the ground, but Rapax proved to be stronger. The panther was able to maneuver around the tiger and, in the blink of an eye, the roles were reversed. Rapax was in control and had his jaw aimed at Reece's neck. 

Before he could bite down, Fortis had his arms wrapped around the animal's torso and lifted the panther off of the tiger with ease. However, I could now clearly see the red splotches across the tiger's white fur from Rapax's claws. 

"He'll be okay, Zada," Bailey reassured, patting my back. That's when I noticed that my cheeks felt wet. I choose to ignore my tears and focus on the monitor. 

Chasity had managed to stand up but the fall she took to avoid Rapax had left her limping. Cautiously, she was gradually making her way around Fortis, Rapax, and Double M, aware that she could not assist the guys in this fight. Instead, her focus was Zero and Melinda; those two she could take care off. 

But as Chasity made her way to the real masterminds behind Rapax, she provided Bailey and me with a clear view of the fight. Rapax was struggling against Fortis' hold; clawing and biting wherever he could. Cameron did his best to hold onto the panther for as long as he could, but even he couldn't do so forever. Eventually, he had to let go of the panther, but Reece was waiting for him. 

This time around, Reece morphed into a Rhinoceros and attempted to impale Rapax with his horn. Rapax dodged just in the nick of time and managed just to get his side graced. Blood dripped down to the floor, but Reece wasn't done. He switched back to his tiger form and bit down on Rapax's injured side, forcing the panther to roar out in pain. 

"That's enough," Fortis ordered when Reece was refusing to let go off Rapax. Reece wasn't listening. I think I saw him bite down even deeper. "That's enough, Reece!" Fortis yelled, "you're going to kill him!"

Reece growled and let go of the limp panther. Rapax collapsed onto the ground. He struggled to get back up but failed. It was obvious that the panther was done with the fighting. 

Knowing that the fight was over, Reece turned back into his human form. "That's the least he deserves for everything he's done to Zada," Reece spat as he wipes his mouth from Rapax's blood. 

"Aw, why do you have to be so perfect, Reece?" Chasity turns to showcase Zero frowning down at Rapax. "Not like I didn't expect this inevitable outcome."