~ 14 ~

"Why did you take me to my neighborhood?"

"You're from here?"

I nod my head slowly while Charlie recovers from his baffled state. "Hmm, I didn't take you as the upper east side type of gal." Then Charlie chuckles, "as well, I thought you figured out by now where we were going."

"You're taking me to Reece so I can embarrass myself." I respond back, not liking this plan one bit. We ended up spending another hour at the arcade. I tried to challenge Charlie for a rematch but he didn't even bat an eye. We both know he won, thanks to a certain youngster who just had to answer her flippin' cell, and no rematch is going to change that.

So the time we spent at the arcade took a while as I did everything in my power to stall the inevitable. Add the time that I convinced Charlie to eat dinner with me and the time it took us to get to this part of the city from the mall and the day has actually ended.

I hoped that Charlie would call it quits for the day but that hunk of a Brit is sure presistent. Taking a quick glance at the screen of my Galaxy S5 to see that it's officially half an hour past midnight on, what i can say, it going to be the worst Sunday of my life.

"We're here," Charlie tells me as we both stop in front of a massive, luxury apartment complex. 

The building is familiar to me as I only live a block from it and see it often but I'm still confused as to why we are standing in front of it. "Reece doesn't live here," I tell Charlie, knowing the way by heart to his place at upper west side of town. 

Charlie nods his head, "oh I know but a certain star quarterback lives here and he just happens to be having a weekend party right now."

I gulp nervously, "and Reece is at the party?"

"Have you ever heard of a party that Castellano has missed?" Charlie questions me. I don't have to answer me because we both know the truth: Reece loves to party and any party hosted by the popular peeps of Beacon High, he'll be there.

I find it kind of funny how none of his superhero missions have managed to fall on a day when a party is happening. Either that boy is just lucky or he purposely plans to be free those days somehow. Maybe he asks all the powerful villains in the world to take a chill pill on these party days.

"So let me get this straight," I say when I notice Charlie is making his way to the building. The British dude, turns around to face me, a bit disappointed that I'm holding him back from the party. "We're going to that party?" I ask, pointing up at the tall apartment skyscraper. 

"How else are you going to talk to Reece?" Charlie asks.

"What about at school?" I hesitantly ask him.

"And what about next month? Or maybe next year?" Charlie counters, annoyed. "Don't you see, Zada! You'll only continue to push back that day when you confront him until Reece moves on and forgets about you."

I frown, not liking the idea that there would be a day when Reece would actually forget about me.

I mean, come on! This is me we're talking about. I'm Zada Leela Porter the unforgettable!

Flying skyscrapers! Am I seriously getting distracted at a time like this? 

Suddenly, a hand comes in front of my face and I look up to see Charlie standing on the top of the stairs with an encouraging smile. "It's now or never, Zada."

I stare at his hand for a few seconds. I can't just leave Charlie hanging there like that, looking at a complete idiot with his arm stretch out towards me. At the same time, I just want to run away from this building, go home, and lock myself in my room forever with a lifetimes supply of animal crackers.