Judal

Weeks have passed since you ran away. After traveling for a while, you settled down at a cheap inn and started working at a place nearby to earn money in Balbadd. You didn't plan on staying long. If they were still searching for you, it wouldn't help you to stay in one place for too long.

You hurried down the road. The time had come for you to leave town. While working, you had heard people talking about a missing girl, who was betrothed to a very rich man. They said that a group of men had been searching for her, and had wandered into this place hoping of finding her. The worst part, is that the men had apparently described what that girl had looked like, thinking that the public might know her, and they did. These men were searching for you.

You walked with your head down, covered by the hood of the cape Savannah had made for you. This is why you didn't notice that you were about to walk into a tall man.

"Hey! Watch where your going," the man yelled at you as you bumped into him and stumbled back, making the hood fall off your head.

"I'm sorry, but I'm in a hurry," you apologized.

"Oh, got somewhere to be?" He asked.

You ignored him and kept walking.

"Hey! I was talking to you." The man grabbed your collar and yanked you towards him. "When I ask you a question, you answer it."

You turned away, afraid that this would draw a crowd, and that they would recognize you. If that happened, it would cause a whole lot of trouble.

"Wait? Aren't you that girl those weirdos are looking for?" The man asked.

Fear flashed through your eyes, "No, I'm not that girl."

"Good try, but I know it's you. You were terrible at hiding that look in your eyes. You are such a terrible liar. If you want to actually be convincing, you should work on that."

You winced at his cruel words and tight grip as you struggled to free yourself of it. He was too strong.

"That's not going to work," he sighed as if he was getting annoyed.

You had one last way to try to get free, but you weren't sure if it would work. But, you never know until you try, so you did.

"Please," you begged him, "please don't turn me in to them. Please, just let me go."

"Who said I was gonna turn you in? I never said I would," the man stated.

You smiled, "so you'll let me go?"

"I never said that either," he clarified.

You frowned, "Well, then what are you going to do ? It seems like you might end up choking me to death. Was that your plan?"

"No, it just kind of happened. Oh, and I am going to take you with me, so those weirdos over there, who suddenly realized that you were right here, won't interrupt our conversation."

When he said that, you realized that the men searching for you had encircled you and the man who was still firmly holding your collar.

"Sorry to break it to you," you said, " but I don't think we will be able to continue your conversation anytime soon. There is no escape from how they've trapped us. If I had been more aware, I could have escaped before they were able to completely form it. I guess this is the end then," you sighed, feeling defeated.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well, they have us completely surrounded, there is no way escape from this formation. Trust me, I know," you explained.

"I still don't know what you are talking about. We aren't completely surrounded."

"Yes we are!" You yelled as he let go of your collar and you turned around. "Can you not see that..." You didn't get to finish what you were saying, because a pair of arms wrapped themselves around your waist and lifted your feet off the ground.

"Quick! Get her before they fly away!" Yelled the surrounding troop. But it didn't help, because they couldn't reach you as you were flown away.

You couldn't help but scream as your feet had been lifted off the grown and flown away from the men below you. You looked up at the man carrying you. He had long black hair and scarlet red eyes. He seemed about your age. He looked down at you like he had felt you looking at him. He smirked at you and made your cheeks turn slightly pink as you quickly looked away from him.

"How rude of me," he suddenly said. "I forgot to tell you my name. But first, I am curious to know yours."

"My name (y/n)," you told him while looking into his eyes.

"Nice name," he complimented. "I'm Judal."

___________ ___________ ___________

Posted this fairly early cause I am at a party, again. Why am I always at a party on Saturdays recently? Well anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter! First introduction of a Magi, yay!
Judal: About time...
Me: Hey! I needed to build up the story first! Anyways, you just met Judal, and I can't wait to keep writing about you too!

NEXT TIME:

"Um," You stuttered, "is it fine that we are in this place?"

Judal just looked at you not showing any sign of responding.

"I just don't want to get in trouble if we aren't supposed to be here," You continued.

No response.

"Please answer me, I can't afford to be caught."

Still no response.

"Will you just answer me?" You practically screamed.

You just met this mysterious man, what will happen next? Find out it the next chapter, Travel Companion.