Path Four

You realized that the small bird like creature was headed towards the furthest path from where you currently were, the path that Yunan had disappeared down minutes before. The little bird quickly flew down the fourth path, and you ran after it and Yunan. You figured that it would probably take a few minutes to find Yunan, considering that he was already probably a ways in front of you, as he had left minutes before. Luckily, you assumed that he was just casually walking, which meant that because you were currently running, you would catch up to him sooner than if you too were walking.

Because you had immediately followed the little bird, you were still a little ways ahead of Barakat's men that you had seen earlier, meaning that you might get a bit of time to give Yunan a quick overview of the situation. You were running at a fast pace, the men were a little ways behind you, and you knew that Yunan would help you, so your only concern was for how long it would take, as you were never the best distance runner. Sure, you had gotten slightly better at running really fast for a long time ever since you had to run from Barakat, but you weren't sure how long it would take to find Yunan.

You swerved past tons overgrown trees and plants, avoiding the occasional animal poop on the path. Surprisingly, this path had quite a few twists and turns, but you almost thought that it would be better if you were going to try and escape from Barakat's men. You had been running for five minutes when you were finally able to see the blonde Magi's green clothes. Relieved to finally catch sight of him, you ran even faster and called out his name at the top of your lungs as many times as you were able to, while still keeping your pace.

Yunan turns around, looking slightly surprised at the fact that you were not only following him, but frantically sprinting towards him. He started to jog towards you as your pace slowed, as you could no longer run any further. As he neared you, you tried to explain what was happening, but your lungs decided not to cooperate and make you keep gasping for air like some choking monkey. (A/n: Idk why I used monkey right there, so just deal with it!)

By the time he was practically right on top of you, you had gained enough breath to talk well enough, but as soon as you opened your mouth, you closed it. Yunan had placed his hand on top of your mouth, and as much as you liked Yunan, you didn't think his hands would taste very good. Yunan then dragged you into a group of plants and bushes and pushed you down so that you both were hidden within them. He slowly moved his hand away and motioned for you to stay quiet and hidden. About a minute after you two had hidden, you could hear the sound of footsteps approaching your hiding place. The stampede of footsteps stopped nearby your spot, and you tensed up. You knew it would be bad if they found you, especially because you wouldn't have enough time to escape of attack. You felt a hand on your shoulder, but soon relaxed as you realized that the hand belonged to Yunan, and he had been trying to calm you down.

"Damn it," you heard one of the men curse, "I never knew that she could run so fast."

You heard the panting of the men and heard a few of the men respond saying that they agreed.

"She could have hidden from us," one of the men said, making you try to be even quieter than you already were.

"That's true, she could have," you were starting to worry, so you quietly positioned yourself in a better position to escape. You also saw Yunan get ready to probably use some quick magic. "But I think she is too dumb to do so. I mean, just look at all of the similar situations in the past. She would always stupidly run, and try to put as much distance between us as possible."

"You're right, she does seem to stupid to think of hiding."

You were glad that they didn't think you had hid, but their reasoning behind it ticked you off and made you want to jump right out of your hiding spot and kick them all in the balls.