Trouble in Leam

Sorry for the late update! I kept telling myself to write, but I kept forgetting! I also wasn't feeling much inspiration for this story, but it won't be one of those where I just stop writing halfway through because I lost all inspiration. Don't worry, because I will finish this book no matter how long it takes! Not to mention that Magi has to be one of my favorite anime, so I won't ever lose inspiration! Anyways, this is the last Titus chapter, besides the ending for each character that I will write! We have about nine chapters left! It is so close to being over! :(

Now... Enjoy the story Reader-chan!!!

It was another normal day in Leam. You were finishing up some shopping at the market, and going to head back to your hotel room to set them down before visiting Titus and Marga. You didn't have a lot of groceries, but you still had some troubles seeing where you were going. After all, with roads full of shoppers and merchants and their carts trying to get a deal, it was pretty hard to see where you were going with supplies covering half of your face. You were doing pretty well at avoiding all of the people, until a man backed up into you. You grumbled, and rubbed your butt after standing up from the street you had fallen onto.

"Oh, I'm sorry, miss. Here, let me help you pick these up," the older man said.

You thanked the man and started picking everything up. Sure he bumped into you, but at least he was nice enough to help you pick your groceries up. As he was helping you, you couldn't help but hear a conversation that was taking place behind you.

"Have you seen this girl anywhere around here recently?" Asked a deep and rough voice.

"Hmm... I'm not sure, but I think I saw her in this market fairly recently. It might have even been today." An elderly voice responded.

"Really? Well, is there anyway that we can find out more about where she is staying, or even a place that we can ask for help?" The gruff voice asked.

"Well, you could probably ask Lord Titus to help you find her. He is really kind, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping you if he isn't busy. But why do you wan't to find her anyways? Did she commit a crime?"

"No, she is Lord Barakat's fiance, and she was kidnapped, so we are trying to find her."

When you heard that, you stiffened. You thought that you would be safe in Leam, but you apparently thought wrong. You picked up the last few groceries as fast as possible, bowed to the man who had helped you, and quickly started weaving through the crowds. You listened behind you and heard the rough sounding man talk to the man who had helped you pick up your groceries.

"Oh yeah, I just helped her pick up some items when I accidentally bumped into her. She suddenly stood up and started jogging off in that direction."

You cursed under your breath and moved as fast as you could through the crowds. No! Not again! You thought that you had been safe, you thought that you could stay here longer, and as much as you would have loved too, fate just didn't seem to be on your side. But back to the problem at hand, what were you going to do? You didn't know how to get out of this situation. You knew you were on your own this time. Neither Judal nor Aladdin were here to help you, so no magi could come to your aid this time. That's when you remembered.

Titus.

You quickly changed course to head towards his home, knowing that he would help you get out of this predicament if you asked him to. You weren't sure exactly what he was doing today, but you thought that he was fairly busy. As much as you didn't want to bother him when he was working, you knew you had no other choice than to ask him when Barakat's men were this close to capturing you. You followed the roads that you had used so much in this short time you were in Leam. You were making pretty good time, but were just worried about the men who were following you. You were unsure if you should risk looking back to see where they were, but nonetheless, looked back. You could see them a little ways away. They weren't too close to you, yet they weren't far enough away to make you feel comfortable. You turned your line of sight back in front of you, and quickened you pace, if that was even possible. You could see the large front gates of Titus's home in front of you, and almost started running to them, but you stopped yourself.