Chapter 45: Trade Station

Aries presented the chiefs with two additional sets of black stone equipment, further delighting them. This generous gift was the most opulent they had ever received, reinforcing the worth of black stones and favors. Forest Guardians, once among the poorest tribes, now ranked as the wealthiest in their alliance.

Following the trade gatherings, Aries called for another meeting. Each chief, along with their hunt leaders, attended, now sporting their own black stone equipment, signaling that they could no longer be underestimated.

"What's your plan?" inquired the Sky Feather chief.

"Sooner or later, we'll all possess superior equipment compared to the other tribes, even rivaling the central alliance. However, this doesn't mean we can defeat them now. We still lack the numbers. Therefore, I've decided to establish a trading station—a place where we can conduct trade whenever we wish. It will be located far to the east of the Sky Feather village," Aries explained, stunning everyone with his proposal.

"Isn't that close to the Scarlet Grove tribe? If we create a trading area there, the central alliance is sure to take notice!" expressed the Swift Needle chief, voicing concerns.

"I understand your concern. The central alliance would need a substantial amount of resources, specifically food supplies, to muster an army and reach our location from there. I'm confident that won't happen anytime soon. With this trading station, we may even have the opportunity to recruit more tribes into our alliance," Aries elaborated, making it difficult to raise objections.

The meeting concluded promptly, as Aries left little room for dissent. Their previous apprehension regarding the central alliance had diminished after obtaining the new equipment from the trade. Aries also requested additional volunteers to defend the trade station, offering free black stone equipment as compensation. Consequently, they were optimistic about securing more assistance for the construction of the trading post.

The trade gathering had successfully served its purpose for Aries. Not only did they acquire a sufficient number of magic stones to sustain and expedite their production, but they also gained assistance from skilled stone masons. Aries had initially planned to utilize stones for constructing buildings, but recognizing the need for additional time and resources, he set forth a new strategy for the village's reconstruction.

Upon the arrival of the Ember Boulder tribe's stone masons in the Forest Guardians' village, the renovation was already well underway. Aries presented them with a design sketched on cloth using charcoal as a pen. It was a relatively straightforward plan, emphasizing the most crucial aspects of the city: the village hall, walls, canteen, comfort rooms, workshop, hospital, and other vital structures. Their supply of stones was limited, and they lacked the tools to move large stones efficiently. To address this, Aries devised black stone cranes, which utilized trapper's thread as ropes, capable of easily lifting heavy stones. The Ember Boulder tribe's masons were astounded by this innovation. What had taken them years to construct in their own village could now be completed within months with the aid of this new invention. Once again, Aries demonstrated why he was renowned as the Inventor.

Aries issued specific instructions to prioritize gathering resources for the construction of the trade station. The station needed to be built entirely from stone, providing a formidable defense against potential intruders. Aries envisioned not only a trade station but also a formidable fortress that would be impervious to breaches. Given his reluctance to entrust the oversight of this crucial project solely to his tribesmen, Aries took personal charge. The workload on the tribe increased significantly, akin to being worked to exhaustion. The Forest Guardians were under considerable stress, but none dared to voice their grievances.

With the collaboration of other tribes, the construction of the trade station commenced earlier than anticipated. The carriages proved invaluable in transporting building materials, and additional cranes were constructed to ensure consistent progress. Aries recognized the urgency of completing the project swiftly, as he had detected a network of spies scattered throughout the plains. These spies could be curious onlookers from neighboring tribes or possibly infiltrators from the central alliance. The situation demanded utmost vigilance.

The construction of the trade station had taken place relentlessly over the course of two months, with the plains resounding with the ceaseless clamor of hammers and stones. Finally, after much hard work and dedication, the fortress was successfully completed, ushering in a newfound peace to the plains.

Within the trade station's confines, nearly two hundred tribesmen stood watch throughout the fortress, all clad in their formidable black stone equipment. The interior of the station featured a well-stocked room containing black stone gear and magic stones. Outside, there was a spacious area designated for receiving visiting tribesmen and assembling the alliance's army. Additionally, the station housed a canteen and a three-story building where tribesmen could rest. Tall walls with watchtowers and accessible platforms further enhanced the station's security. Compared to other tribes, the trade station was a bastion of safety.

With the construction complete, Aries set his sights on his plan to recruit new tribes into the alliance. He hadn't ventured outside the alliance's territory thus far, and his interactions with other tribes had been limited to the Sky Feather village. To gather information about neighboring tribes, Aries enlisted the aid of the overwhelmed chief, who had largely delegated responsibilities to Aries while he remained seated on his throne, intervening only when necessary.

Aries devised a rudimentary map, and with the chief's assistance, he gained insight into the neighboring villages. According to the map, the nearest village lay to the far east of the Sky Feather village—the fallen tribe of Scarlet Grove. To the north of Scarlet Grove resided the Brave Digger tribe. Locating their village proved challenging, as they specialized in tunneling and dwelled in underground networks within the rocky biome. This region was characterized by massive surface rocks, and the Brave Digger tribe used these formations to conceal the entrances to their subterranean village. This information was invaluable to Aries, who sought to recruit diggers for black stone mining and acquire knowledge about various types of stones in their world.

 This information was invaluable to Aries, who sought to recruit diggers for black stone mining and acquire knowledge about various types of stones in their world

North of the rocky biome lay the Wild Claws tribe, renowned for their passion for hunting beasts. They fashioned weapons and armor from the bones and claws of the creatures they captured. To the east of the rocky biome, the Bleeding Tree tribe had made their home. It was rumored that they safeguarded a mystical tree, the source of their tribe's power, and even the formidable Central Alliance dared not encroach upon their territory. The Shadow Mist tribe resided in the far southeast, adjacent to the Scarlet Grove. Their village was shrouded in secrecy within a misty biome, making it elusive and well-hidden.

Most tribes, including those mentioned, had relocated in an attempt to evade the Central Alliance's relentless pursuit. Many had turned to hiding as a means of self-preservation.

However, beyond these tribes, the leader had not yet established contact. Thus, Aries lacked detailed information about these uncharted tribes and their circumstances.