Chapter 46: Grand Opening Pt.1

Aries ensured that numerous improvements were made within the alliance. Roads were constructed, connecting the tribes, and primarily leading toward the trade station, facilitating smoother and faster carriage transportation. Seven large carriages, capable of accommodating up to twenty passengers, were specially designed to ensure the efficient movement of all tribes.

Over the next few weeks, the alliance flourished rapidly. The combination of black stone equipment and enhanced transportation had transformed the trade station into a formidable fortress, capable of housing up to five hundred tribesmen equipped with black stone gear and crossbows with bolts capable of penetrating even the toughest armor worn by the Central Alliance. Aries devoted most of his time to oversee the progress, ensuring that it met his high standards.

These developments had attracted the attention of neighboring tribes. Aries extended invitations to their leaders, urging them to attend a grand opening event.

Preparations for the grand opening were executed with meticulous care. The cooks, led by Third, prepared the finest dishes, showcasing their newfound culinary skills. Improved farming tools, cooking utensils, carriages, and equipment for daily life and battle were expertly crafted by the Forest Guardians' blacksmiths and put on display. Massive trophies, such as skulls and claws, were exhibited at the entrance, highlighting the alliance's hunting prowess. The confidence of every tribe within the alliance surged to such an extent that they were now open to the idea of confronting the Central Alliance in battle. The grand opening was fast approaching.

Inside the trade station, the leaders of the Guardians Alliance tribes gathered, anxiously waiting. They understood that there was a chance the other tribes might not attend.

Aries checked on the preparations for the food in the kitchen and inquired of Third, "How's the food preparation coming along?"

"It's prepared according to your instructions, Master. We have more than enough to feed fifty tribes, should they all attend," Third replied. Aries had dedicated considerable time to hunting relentlessly in anticipation of this event. Satisfied with Third's response, Aries proceeded to inspect the blacksmith display area.

Upon reaching the station's main hall, he found all the tribe leaders of the alliance waiting, their expressions grave. The Wild Claws and Bleeding Tree tribes were known for their strength, while the Shadow Mist tribe excelled in the art of assassination. The Brave Diggers were renowned for their ability to create secure environments. Memories of past interactions with these tribes were not entirely pleasant, as the Wild Claws, in particular, had a reputation for bullying.

Horns sounded, signaling the arrival of the first tribe at the trade station. The leaders of the alliance tribes made their way outside to greet the incoming tribe, which turned out to be the Brave Diggers. Aries, seeing them for the first time, observed smaller tribespeople with hunched backs, wearing gloves equipped with short yet sturdy beast claws designed for digging. Aries thought they resembled burrowing moles. It was known that the Brave Diggers focused on survivability and hid underground, but their name contradicted their timid appearance. Twenty members of their tribe had arrived.

Recognizing that his youthful appearance might not make the best impression, Aries instructed the Forest Guardian tribe leader to extend a welcome to the Brave Diggers. He didn't want to risk unnecessary conflicts, given his past experiences.

"It's been a while, Brave Digger's tribe leader! Aren't you looking a bit smaller than you used to?" teased the Forest Guardian leader, taking a light jab at the other tribe's leader. Aries expected some playful banter but didn't anticipate it going quite this far.

The Brave Digger's leader chuckled in response, "Gahahaha! You might want to watch your step or you'll end up in a pit again." Aries surmised that these tribes had a history together.

The banter continued as the Brave Diggers entered the trade station and approached the leaders. It was friendly and good-natured, lightening the atmosphere. However, another tribe arrived shortly afterward, and this one was larger, comprising around fifty tribespeople. Like the Brave Diggers, the Wild Claws wore claws designed for combat, with various glove styles catering to different combat preferences—some with shields and others with additional spikes. They exuded an aura of aggression and displayed their god symbols. Their bodies were larger and more imposing than the average tribesperson. The leader, much like the Forest Guardian leader, had a god symbol that extended up to his shoulder, while three other tribespeople had symbols reaching their elbows. Aries recalled that these two leaders had been rivals in the past.

To everyone's surprise, the leader of the Wild Claw tribe suddenly launched an attack at the Forest Guardian's leader with a massive claw swipe. The Forest Guardian leader intercepted the strike with his black stone axe, which resulted in the claws shattering upon contact.

The Wild Claw tribe leader, acknowledging the strength of the black stone weapon, remarked, "That is indeed a strong weapon."

"You haven't seen our inventor's weapon yet. This axe is just a toy to him," replied the Forest Guardian leader. He then led them inside without further words.

Subsequently, another tribe arrived, but this one was much smaller, consisting of only ten members—the Bleeding Tree tribe. They used shields and long spears as weapons, with equipment similar to their previous gear. However, they were known for possessing exceptional strength, thanks to the protection of the tree they revered. They were welcomed inside like the other tribes, but when they realized that the Shadow Mist tribe was absent, they decided to return to the main hall.

Upon entering the hall, they discovered an individual already seated at the table, holding a black stone spear. He wore a full black leather cloak that concealed his entire body, including a mask that hid his face.

Impressed by the weapon, the Shadow Mist leader commented, "Not bad. This weapon is extraordinary."

The Forest Guardian leader inquired, "Where are your tribespeople? You still have the same secretive habits, Shadow Mist leader."

"They've blended in quite well. How about we proceed with the grand opening?" replied the Shadow Mist leader, suggesting that he had information sources everywhere.

Aries, growing increasingly frustrated with the situation, interjected, "Aren't you enjoying your stay a bit too much? How about you sit properly, and I'll spare your spies."

The Shadow Mist leader acknowledged Aries by his reputation, stating, "Oh, the infamous inventor. I see. If you can find them, then you can do what you want with them. And if I want to leave this place, even with all of you here, I'll be able to depart anytime I want. With all the information I have, I'm sure the Central Alliance won't be happy."

Aries responded firmly, "Suit yourself, but you won't be leaving here alive. Oh, and by the way, aren't these your friends?" He ordered the hunt leader to bring forth the individuals they had detained.

To the surprise of the Shadow Mist leader, all ten of his tribespeople had been apprehended. Panic flashed across his face as he stammered, "Impossible! How did you—?"

"Before you concern yourself with them, perhaps you should be concerned about your own fate," Aries interrupted, pointing his trusted shotgun at the Shadow Mist leader.

Realizing the gravity of his predicament, the Shadow Mist leader quickly surrendered, saying, "Hey, hey! I think we have a misunderstanding here! And stop pointing that at me; I know what that weapon can do."

Aries maintained his resolve, stating, "I know you're a smart man. By now, you must understand that even if the Central Alliance attacks us, they only have a slim chance of winning. That's why you're here."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 18, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Tribesman's New Lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें