𝕮⃟Hapter 71

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 71: XIAO QINGYANG'S TRUST

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Strongest Princess Consort in the Interstellar
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:灸尾妖狐

𝗘𝗔 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦

° ° °

Xiao Qingyang and his two roommates had a good understanding among themselves. After having eaten Gu Xiaotian's cooking for a while, Lin Weiran, who used to know little about ingredients, also recognized a few of them.

The forest truly lived up to its reputation as nature's gift, with abundant resources that made one wish to take the entire forest away.

"Xiaotian, there are mushrooms and wood ear mushrooms here," Xiao Qingyang excitedly said to Gu Xiaotian.

Perhaps it had rained recently, as the mushrooms and wood ear mushrooms grew plump and looked very delicious.

Upon hearing the sound, Gu Xiaotian walked over to Xiao Qingyang's side. After seeing what he was doing, he immediately pulled Xiao Qingyang back in alarm and said, "These cannot be eaten; they are poisonous."

Xiao Qingyang looked at the dusty mushrooms in his hand and knew that he had misunderstood. He explained, "Only brightly colored mushrooms are poisonous, well, most of them. Mushrooms like these, with a dull appearance, are not poisonous and taste especially good."

Gu Xiaotian looked at the mushrooms in doubt. They were indeed dusty, completely different from the vibrant and beautiful mushrooms he had seen before.

To be honest, if these dusty mushrooms were placed next to those colorful ones, no one would touch these dull-looking mushrooms.

Seeing Gu Xiaotian still having doubts, Xiao Qingyang explained to him. However, he was not a professional, so his explanation was somewhat limited. He knew that most people determine if a mushroom was poisonous based on whether it looked bright and appealing. But this was actually a misconception; some unappealing mushrooms were also poisonous, while some attractive ones may be non-toxic.

Xiao Qingyang was not an expert, so he didn't recognize all types of mushrooms. However, he could distinguish this particular kind in his hand, which happened to be the most common non-toxic mushroom.

With Xiao Qingyang's confident assurance, Gu Xiaotian trusted his roommate and put aside his concerns. Together, they continued to gather mushrooms and wood ear mushrooms.

In addition to mushrooms and wood ear mushrooms, Xiao Qingyang and Gu Xiaotian also found several types of edible wild vegetables, making it a bountiful harvest.

With their newfound ingredients, the two of them happily returned to their resting place along with Lin Weiran. Zheng Kainan also came back with firewood, while the others continued patrolling the vicinity to ensure the safety of their teammates.

"What are these? Can we really eat them?" Gao Lingqi curiously looked at the mushrooms, wood ear mushrooms, and wild vegetables piled on the ground, and asked.

Can we really eat these things that resemble grass?

For someone who had grown up drinking nutritional supplements and had hardly eaten natural food, let alone seen natural ingredients, it was perfectly normal to have such doubts.

"These are mushrooms, wood ear mushrooms, and various wild vegetables. Whether they are delicious or not, you will know once Xiaotian cooks them," Xiao Qingyang didn't directly answer Gao Lingqi's second question but instead left him curious and anticipatory.