Chapter 3

The performance team stared at the texts on Hoshi's phone, bemused over the lack of 'analysis' he asked them to perform.

"Hyung.. there's seriously nothing here to analyse," remarked Dino, rereading the messages to make sure he was looking at the right thing.

"But look! The smiley face! She talked about 'people like me'..." Hoshi retorted, pouting.

"Those are normal things people text. God, you're more delusional than our fans sometimes," Minghao rolled his eyes, sipping on his boiling thermos with an obvious hint of sass.

"Whatever. We still have 3 hours of practice to get in before Jihoon shoves us into the studio to record, so I'd appreciate if we could get a move on," snapped the leader, jolting upwards and gesturing to the others to do the same.

"You're the one that brought up these texts, but sure," mumbled Dino barely out of earshot.

"I heard that, Chan,"

"Good."

**

Devil Incarnate

18:39 Soonyoung

do I need to play delivery man for you again?? 18:39

18:40 Love you 🤍

Sighing, Hoshi pocketed his phone and slipped on his mask. He found Hongdae much more familiar after his nightly exploits but was still cautious due to yesterday's incident. Fortunately, no fansites or Dispatch had caught on yet, leaving him free to wander the busy area in peace.

"Hi. I'm here to pick something up for Yoon Jeonghan," he approached the cashier at some new clothing store he'd never heard of before, feeling a familiar sense of déjà-vu.

"Sure, give me a moment," the salesperson left, leaving Hoshi to himself. Without anything to do, he proceeded to check out the store's offerings, glancing at various items he'd buy himself if his schedule cleared.

Rapidly, a dark shadow passed between the racks of clothes. Hoshi peered over cautiously. It was a girl. Her hair hung in a messy low bun and she was wearing black sweatpants and tank top complemented by a dark red oversized flannel.

He suddenly froze. Could it be?

"Can I help you?" she inquired, breaking Hoshi out of his stupor.

"Oh, sorry- I zoned out for a second," he mumbled.

"No worries," she smiled, beelining for the exit.

"Wait!" he exclaimed a little too loudly. "Aren't you J? The one that busks here?"

Her smile stretched out into a grin. "Yep! That would be me," she nodded, turning herself away from the exit.

"O- oh! That's cool, I really like your performances," he blurted out, displaying two awkward thumbs up, causing her to giggle.

"Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy them. It was nice to meet you~" she paused, expecting an answer.

"Taemin! My name is Taemin," he blurted out, his face immediately blushing red from embarrassment.

"Nice to meet you, Taemin," she waved hesitantly, jogging out of the store.

God, you're an idiot, Kwon Soonyoung.